Warranty result

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

jtonline wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:12 pm Soul Red Metallic is 41V. It's the original 3 layer paint. http://www.jtonline.info/mazda-paint-colour-codes/

46V Soul Red Crystal Metallic is the newer 4 layer paint colour they introduced in 2017.
Thanks Julian, I knew you'd come up trumps 8-)
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...

AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

OK then, had both rear wheels changed today, checked for any damage/marks and appear good to my eyes ;)
The HUD was also changed and it too appears fine - Very pleased.

We had an 18 reg Mazda 3 auto with only 455 miles on the clock for the morning as a courtesy car and I think the ride seems softer but tyre noise slightly worse than the CX3!
I was told that on return the fuel tank needs to have the same 'mileage left' in the tank as when I took it (71), so I kept my eye on the figure and was quite surprised as to how quick it dropped, having only driven 11 miles in it, it was showing as only having 48 miles left in the tank! I assume the engine was cold when I picked it up?

Does anyone know how long a Mazda 3 fuel gauge takes to register a top up of fuel? As I put in much more than needed to bring it up to 71 miles left but the gauge only showed a max of 52 miles left after about 10 mins when I took it back to the dealers and had a bit of a job convincing the staff I had *actually* put fuel in! (stupidly I didn't have the receipt with me - but that still wouldn't have proved anything).
I don't mind paying for fuel I used but to base it on a system that takes time to show on the gauge seems a bit dodgy to me?..... I should have not put any fuel in, taken it back and paid the 25p per mile that I was told they would charge! :o
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
mum@mazda

Post by mum@mazda »

That seems a harsh way to treat a valued owner. Ive had a couple of courtesy cars from my dealer and just told to bring it back with approx the same amount of fuel in it. Doing the range thing takes into consideration the previous users driving style, and if they drove it like they stole it the average mpg will be quite low, and that will adversely affect your range and hence the amount of fuel you have to put in to return the range to what it was when you got it.
CX-3, Sport Nav, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather Aug 2015
ptirving

Post by ptirving »

Just had similar comments from a dealer on the banks of the Tyne. Shouldnt the fuel in the courtesy car be gratis? Or should we invoice them for the cost of our time and fuel in getting a faulty vehicle to them to repair? There was nowt wrong with the poumd notes we gave them so there should be nowt wrong with the vehicle..... or am I too old and cynical about the whole thing?.....
Was GT Sport 2.0 Petrol Auto Meteor Grey 39mpg round the doors 46mpg on a run
Now 2019 Mazda 3 2.0 petrol auto Meteor Grey