Are you worried about Keyless Car Theft

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Dogfuzz

Post by Dogfuzz »

In summary and Just to be clear--what is the "flaw" in the system exactly. Can an intruder unlock a street parked Mazda CX3 car with their own devious "key" ,start up and drive off?
CX-3 SPORT NAV ,5 DOOR HATCHBACK,1998CC,PETROL-2018

DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Yes but not just the CX3 most cars with keyless entry.....and you can buy the electronic kit on line for a couple of hundred pounds.
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019
Turbo

Post by Turbo »

Dogfuzz wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:31 am In summary and Just to be clear--what is the "flaw" in the system exactly. Can an intruder unlock a street parked Mazda CX3 car with their own devious "key" ,start up and drive off?
2019 CX-3, 2.0 Sport Nav+, Soul Red, Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Petrol, Manual.
Andres746

Post by Andres746 »

Checking the official list, the CX3 doesn’t seem to be on it, unless the latest version has true keyless entry i.e. it automatically unlocks when you walk up to the car with the key in your pocket without pressing any buttons.
Nothing to see here methinks......🤔
CX3 SEL 2.0 Petrol 2wd Auto
hsdejong

Post by hsdejong »

Andres746 wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:26 pm Checking the official list, the CX3 doesn’t seem to be on it, unless the latest version has true keyless entry i.e. it automatically unlocks when you walk up to the car with the key in your pocket without pressing any buttons.
What list?

Do you mean that the CX3, where you have to push a button on the door handle, is not vulnerable to this kind of theft?
  • Mazda CX-5 2023 Exclusive-Line (Black Comfort Pack) Petrol FWD Manual Soul Red Crystal Metallic
Turbo

Post by Turbo »

The CX-3 ARE vulnerable, granted the door doesn't open on its own but by pressing the button the door will open and the car will start and drive away.
2019 CX-3, 2.0 Sport Nav+, Soul Red, Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Petrol, Manual.
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Dunno about any 'official' list (stolen or possibility of being stolen???) but I've seen 2 reports of either the cx3 or 5 or both on a 'possibility of being stolen'. Just because the thieves have to press another button ie.... The door! does not make it less likely - the thing that *does* make it less likely is to park it close to either... A golf gti, a range rover or a tesla etc - although if they've got the equipment to hack then they may well nick both?
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
switchback

Post by switchback »

Andres746 wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:26 pm Checking the official list, the CX3 doesn’t seem to be on it, unless the latest version has true keyless entry i.e. it automatically unlocks when you walk up to the car with the key in your pocket without pressing any buttons.
I've disabled my auto-locking to stop it locking when you walk away.
2018 CX3+ Sport Nav 120 Petrol Manual. Machine Grey.
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

If somebody wants to steal your car they can. Disabling auto-locking doesn't help.
You can now buy a gadget on line for £30 that can be placed near your car, maybe under a hedge or bush, and when you press your key it will read the information and store it. The gadget can then be used to unlock your car whenever wanted. Nothing is safe now.

I guess we must be grateful that the CX-3 is not the most popular car for criminals. They don't know what they are missing!
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

It has been determined that the CX-3 is susceptible to this sort of hacking. But I have the following questions:
Pressing the key fob controls actuate the locking/unlocking over dstances of 100m+.
Using the keyless entry/locking requires the key fob to be within approximately a meter of the vehicle (so the range is minimal).
At what distance does the hacking equipment have to be from the key fob to effectively clone the keyless entry signal?
Now if people keep their keys right next to the front door I can see that it would be easy to clone the signal. However if, like myself, my keys are hung in the middle of the house with a couple of internal walls between them and the front door, what are the chances of the clonng working?
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.