missing wheel wrench

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
wag29

Post by wag29 »

Hi, new to this forum and my wife took delivery of her new cx3 gt sport yesterday, checking it over today as one does i took a look in the boot to see if all was present and correct, well the first thing i noticed was there is no jack, second thing i noticed is that there is no wheel nut wrench either :shock: i know they come with a tyre repair kit but not having the tool to take the wheels off is a bit daft to me, the space is empty where the wrench should sit, could some other member who has a gt sport inform me if this is correct before i contact the dealer, or has someone nabbed the wrench, many thanks in advance for the help.

Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

My Sport Nav didn't come with one and although i thought about getting all the extra kit and spare wheel at a cost of nearly £400 i thought sod it and if needed i will call out Mazda Assist.
tyrfelin

Post by tyrfelin »

The Sport Nav and GT don't come with a wrench but you are covered to have assistance if you have a problem!
I know it's a bit of a wrench not to have one 😁
Sport Nav 2.0 Snowflake White
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Only problem in this scenario is - No mobile coverage!... Or not owning a mobile phone at all!
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

AndyRen wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 1:49 pm Only problem in this scenario is - No mobile coverage!... Or not owning a mobile phone at all!
I remember the days before mobile phones, we used to have to walk to the nearest house and ask for help! Only ever happened once to me and they were very nice and very helpful. Alternatively you can use the puncture repair kit, that also has happened once to me and it was a lot easier than changing a wheel. Obviously nowadays if you have a signal on your mobile life is easy.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
tyrfelin

Post by tyrfelin »

Had a Ford XR2 many years ago and wheel removal for new tyres at 9000 miles was with a large wooden block and sledge hammer (in the dealers) ☺
Sport Nav 2.0 Snowflake White
SOMERS

Post by SOMERS »

I recenty purchased a 3" BLACK IRON #21 socket with 1/2 " drive to fit my torque wrench with 1/2 " drive.

Why 3" because the handle of the torque wrench needs to clear the tire.
You can not split or crack a black iron socket.

Bermuda Mazda Cx3 Soul red .gt . No 4wd don't need it yet.
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

SOMERS wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:09 pm I recenty purchased a 3" BLACK IRON #21 socket with 1/2 " drive to fit my torque wrench with 1/2 " drive.

A 3" black iron #21 socket is a totally different animal here in the UK- it is more to do with plumbing than removing a vehicle wheel! :D
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
SOMERS

Post by SOMERS »

AndyRen, Thank you for your interest and kind reply.

I am not sure if we are talking apples or oranges !

Many years ago I have busted the standard cheep chrome plated sockets undoing car wheel nuts.
We had iron wheels back then.

The black iron 21 mm variety has thicker side walls, however it will comfortably fit the standard CX3 2018 wheel.
With severely rusted in wheel nuts and wheel studs, using some loosing fluid, which should be allowed to soak in would be adviable.

Repairs on the road is a different matter, dont panic !
Slowly turning the severely frozen nut could wring off the stud thread.
SNAP QUICK ACTION application of torque in both directions is required here, the nut may squeel requiring more lubricant and time. ( 4 more to go. )

***** Surgestion: Add water displacing loosing oil or penatrating fluid to your on board tool box.

Bermuda :Somers: Mazda CX3 / 2018 soul red automatic .
I my oppinion, if you live in a country with alot of stop and go trafic you don't need a stick shift.