Adjustable hight drivers seat

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
piekkok

Post by piekkok »

Hi again!

I don't know if i'm crazy, but when i bought my CX-3 a month ago i adjusted the drivers seat in the comfortable hight my wife and i like the most.
But yesterday i noticed that the driver seat was lower than i first adjusted, even that much that i had to change the hight of the projection on the HUD.
I questioned my wife if she's has changed the hight of the drivers seat, but after several tortures she still denies that she has changed it, so i think i believe her... 8-) .

But now my question: Is it possible that my drivers seat lowers automatically (in a very slow way)? Is there anyone who has had this same strange incident? (My seat adjustment is not electric).

Regards,
Gert
I drive a CX-3, happily! :P

AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Your torture technique is obviously inadequate :lol: Haven't heard of this before.
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

Hi Gert, you are not alone. Here is a link to a previous thread viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1338&hilit=drivers+seat
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
Gordongilchrist

Post by Gordongilchrist »

Yeah I recall one other mention this issue. A search will turn it up
2017 Mazda CX-3 sport nav 2WD Automatic 120 petrol in white :)
piekkok

Post by piekkok »

Thanks guys! I am happy to be not alone with this problem, although i am not happy that Mazda will not solve this problem.
When i visit my dealer ( in the Netherlands) i will give feedback of his answer.
To be continued!

Regards,
Gert
santa

Post by santa »

Mine does it as well.
I'll be mentioning it to my dealer next time I come by and we'll see what they say.
Mazda CX-30 2.0 150HP Aut. Cosmo w. Tech Pack in Arctic White, 2023.
ptirving

Post by ptirving »

Yes, happenedon my SEL Nav Mazda 3 with manual height adjust. Powered seat on my CX3 and doesnt happen though
Was GT Sport 2.0 Petrol Auto Meteor Grey 39mpg round the doors 46mpg on a run
Now 2019 Mazda 3 2.0 petrol auto Meteor Grey
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

I have always found that raising the seat also seems to tilt it forward by a small amount and reducing the support it gives to your thighs - more like driving a lorry.
I'm only 5'8" but have found my most comfortable position, with the least restricted view out of all windows, with the seat as far down as it will go, and therefore don't get the problem.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
piekkok

Post by piekkok »

Hi everyone,

It took a while, but i had to finish my holiday in Italy first...
The dealer replaced the seatframe for a brand new one, without going in discussion with me about lowering the seat myself. Perfectly done!
The dealer also replaced the airco-unit because the airco didn't work too well.
He also replaced an air ventilation unit on the passenger side of the car, because it had an annoying resonating sound. The dealer told me this is a known problem at mazda's where they have manufactured a modification for.
And last but not least he updated the navigation, all onder the 3 years warranty.
So i am happy (still!!) with my Mazda ans with my dealer!
ptirving

Post by ptirving »

Check that the software is the latest, as per another post on the forum, ie 59 00 545A which the dealer has just installed in mine. Seems to load faster now and also has given me minor road speed limits back. Oh yes and the history function now appears to work.
Was GT Sport 2.0 Petrol Auto Meteor Grey 39mpg round the doors 46mpg on a run
Now 2019 Mazda 3 2.0 petrol auto Meteor Grey