what's not!!

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

SoonerV8 wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:06 pm 1216. I'm not clear how you can "disagree". They don't work ON MY CAR!!! That's a statement of fact!!
As far as reading signs is concerned, I'm sure that's is a programming issue. The camera has no problem at all with muddy, dirty or faded white lines, for lane departure warning, hence probably does see the signs. The "program just chooses to defer to out of date Sat Nav data, instead of believing "it's own eye!!"
My previous, non adaptive, Toyota cruise control DID apply brakes on down hill sections. I always assumed it was tied into the ABS system.
As I said before I love the car, but it's not doing "exactly what it says on the tin", which is mildly disappointing.
Take it back to the dealer and let us know what problems they find.

AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Once again highjacking SoonerV8's thread -

HandyAndy - Yes, my system is up to date (including Gracenote), but cheers for the prompt and

JT - You are correct (as usual :) ) I was not in the >town< field.... I thought that was a heading and I entered the town in the line below DOH!
Having sussed that out I came a cropper last night with entering Post Codes, I wanted DA13 0TD (The Villager, Vigo Village - Friends band playing last night).... I entered DA13 and the display showed >DA13 0< with the keyboard greyed out!..... I have since found out I must enter a >space< after the first part of the Post Code so will try that later......

I *WILL* get there in the end -
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

AndyRen wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:54 pm … I *WILL* get there in the end -

LOL, thanks for the update. Yes, you must manually enter the space after the first part of a postcode; that's caught a few people out. If you then find your choice of letters and numbers are not available on the screen keyboard, the chances are that you actually have an incorrect postcode. Your example is OK though, I checked it on the Royal Mail database :)
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Another update JT... Spent 20 mins or so in the car *just* inputting post codes and street names - All good now 8-)
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Next you can practice things like editing the route after it's been planned, to avoid a particular road for instance (useful when you know a road is temporarily closed), or adding a waypoint or two en route (to force a route to go a particular way, or when you have to call in somewhere slightly off route during the journey) :lol: But all that can wait for another day ;)

(Navigation System Owner's Manual)
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
Boyle de Cabbage

Post by Boyle de Cabbage »

Mazda navigation is the pits. Install Android Auto from Mazdatweaks.com if you can, or wait a short while and update to the new Mazda Android Auto/Carplay add on now being trialled.

A new Auxillary unit (USB ports etc) will be required together with MZD Connect version 70.xx.xxx plus the hand-over of unspecified amounts of Dosh for the fitting and the Carplay licence fee.
Mazda paint is crap! Mazda should be ashamed of themselves!.
AndyRen

Post by AndyRen »

jtonline wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:57 pm Next you can practice things like...........
Whoa..... JT! Give me time :lol:

Mr Cabbage, when my Warranty comes to an end I may well look into hacking the infotainment/navigation system, but until then I'll put up with it's failings. 8-)