Sat Nav Again

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
steve67

Post by steve67 »

i have a Garmin sat nav for sale,
not used it for last 3 yrs since we have had Mazda infotaiment, which we have found much easier and better....

remember a sat nav is a waste of time when you know where you are, but when your on unfamiliar roads its your best friend....
9/10 its the users fault not reading instructions.. :) :) :)
One of those annoying cyclist, who happens to also drive a CX3 SPORT NAV IN ETERNAL BLUE on the odd occasion ... The CX3 has been a pleasure to drive but it's time to move on. ...NOW DRIVING A MAZDA CX30 GT SPORT-JAN 2020

Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

steve67 wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:10 am i have a Garmin sat nav for sale,
not used it for last 3 yrs since we have had Mazda infotaiment, which we have found much easier and better....

remember a sat nav is a waste of time when you know where you are, but when your on unfamiliar roads its your best friend....
9/10 its the users fault not reading instructions.. :) :) :)
Same for me and thanks to JT i think i have the Sat Nav sorted.
SoonerV8

Post by SoonerV8 »

Yesterday i did a journey from Buxton to a specific address in Alfreton. I selected "fastest" and inputted the post code and Meadow Lane , as per usual it didn't offer up a number. The Sat nav chose a fairly "odd" exit from Buxton, but got me on the road and was doing fine until the map on the screen just disappeared, instructions and turn by turn continued in the HUD though and I quickly got the screen back. The main problem arrived when it announced "arrive at your destination on the left", approximately 2 miles and 3 junctions early which left me asking for directions!!
On the journey to Buxton last week I also used my iPhone mapping as well as the Mazda Sat Nav. I have to say there was little difference in route choice, timing or mileage but the Apple product often gave necessary information at junctions which the Mazda unit often completely ignored.
Petrol Sport Nav AWD 2018 UK Midlands.
steve67

Post by steve67 »

we've had Mazda's with the latest sat nav system since 2015 and have been told since day one Android auto is coming soon.... still waiting.
One of those annoying cyclist, who happens to also drive a CX3 SPORT NAV IN ETERNAL BLUE on the odd occasion ... The CX3 has been a pleasure to drive but it's time to move on. ...NOW DRIVING A MAZDA CX30 GT SPORT-JAN 2020
zoylander

Post by zoylander »

The more I read about Mazda's sat nav, the more relieved I am that I bought a CX-3 SE without it. My trusty Garmin does the job without undue drama, getting me across Plymouth city centre last week, and can even be used in my 1970 Rover 3.5 Litre Coupe should the need ever arise.
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.