Rear Fog Light removal

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
ghcx3

Post by ghcx3 »

After recently buying a CX3 GT Sport and being paranoid where I park it in case of damage by other careless persons, I come out and find my car has been hit in my own drive and the rear os bumper and fog lamp pushed in. I have managed to realign the bumper and polish out the scuffs in the paintwork but the fog lamp is pushed in and on inspection part of the plastic fixing has broken away from the inside bumper. I think I can get to it and glue it back but I am hoping someone has instructions from a manual as to how to remove and refit the fog lamp.

here's hoping and thanks in advance
CX3 GT Sport Metallic grey 2018 model

anchorman

Post by anchorman »

Sorry, just seen this.
Light rear fog.pdf
(346.84 KiB) Downloaded 848 times
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
ghcx3

Post by ghcx3 »

many thanks indeed.
I'll post an update provided I don't mess it up completely :)
ghcx3

Post by ghcx3 »

Well I didn't mess it up but it was a bit more trying than I had hoped. Had to remove all rear offside wheel mouldings and lower bumper trim.
Managed to glue broken joint which is at about 30 degrees to bumper but all seems to be holding now. Evostick and milliput modelling putty!
Bodywork slightly shifted with impact but all looks okay and within a couple of mm of original.
Didn't do photos as difficult to get angle on the actual fix but for anyone else I would recommend jacking car up and obtaining details of fittings and clips for all mouldings as there are several different types and the wheel external moulding has a few not so obvious tricks up its sleeve.

Many thanks to Anchorman for the pdf.
best wishes one and all