Scratches in tailgate glass

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Habu

Post by Habu »

I noticed today whilst washing the wife’s car that the tailgate glass has several long scratches in it. A couple of them can be felt with a finger nail. Hope I haven’t added them by washing but I use a wash mit and have a grit guard in the bucket plus the glass wasn’t particularly dirty so just needed a gently wipe over.

They are not window wiper scratches as they are generally horizontal rather than an arc.

Bottom line: is this glass likely to be uber expensive to replace given it’s not chipped or cracked and so won’t be covered by insurance? Does anyone have any experience of replacing the tailgate glass?

Cheers

Peter
Sport Nav in Dynamic Blue Mica / Petrol Manual / Stone Leather / Safety Pack
CX-30 GT Sport Tech auto in Soul Red from January 2020.

AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

How about trying a repair to the scratch first? A quick Google shows that it can be done.
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

I had some scratches on my windscreen which screen replacement company's said couldn't be removed, its almost impossible to do it yourself even with the kits you can buy on line, I speak from experiance, you can have a problem with optical distortion by removing material.
However I found a mobile company which were brilliant called....www.glaswelduk.com. I have used them twice to remove windshield scratches over the last couple of years.
Give them a google not cheap but do what they promise.
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019
Habu

Post by Habu »

DaveG wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:18 pm I had some scratches on my windscreen which screen replacement company's said couldn't be removed, its almost impossible to do it yourself even with the kits you can buy on line, I speak from experiance, you can have a problem with optical distortion by removing material.
However I found a mobile company which were brilliant called....www.glaswelduk.com. I have used them twice to remove windshield scratches over the last couple of years.
Give them a google not cheap but do what they promise.
Thanks for this. I’ll look into them this week.

Cheers

Peter
Sport Nav in Dynamic Blue Mica / Petrol Manual / Stone Leather / Safety Pack
CX-30 GT Sport Tech auto in Soul Red from January 2020.