New member struggling with door mirror indicator replacement.

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Poolfandave

Post by Poolfandave »

Hi Dave here in Poulton-le-Fylde, just joined the forum. Have owned many Mazda's over the years and have owned my CX3 for just over 12 months. Problem I have is that whilst reversing down drive I caught the edge of the mirror indicator on wall. I cracked a small section of the lens. Having purchased replacement at local dealer £33 later!! They told me it's easy job....Just pull off the back of the mirror to access the mirror assembly. I am not convinced, has anyone done this job themselves.
2015 Mazda CX 3 2.0 Sport Nav Arctic White.

steve67

Post by steve67 »

don know if this is any help

One of those annoying cyclist, who happens to also drive a CX3 SPORT NAV IN ETERNAL BLUE on the odd occasion ... The CX3 has been a pleasure to drive but it's time to move on. ...NOW DRIVING A MAZDA CX30 GT SPORT-JAN 2020
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

I had to have a new mirror assembly under warranty because the motor went noisy. My dealer managed to break the new mirrored glass (twice) fitting it into the mirror body :roll: Should have watched this video :)
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
Poolfandave

Post by Poolfandave »

Thanks I saw that video although it's a Mazda 3 I assume same design principles will apply.
Poolfandave

Post by Poolfandave »

I also saw one that had you warm up the mirror with a hairdrier before trying to release it from it's mounts.
looneygeek

Post by looneygeek »

Hi i have replaced my indicator by taking off my mirror garnish, If you do it this way first tape ( such as masking tape ) around the bottom area just before your mirror garnish starts then press your thump against the edge of your mirror facing the window that removes a tab, when you have done that that should leave a gap between garnish and mirror trim, use a fastener remover ( or anything plastic ) to fit in between and remove the remaining clip and tabs then pull towards yourself mirror garnish will come off, fitting garnish back align mirror garnish clips and tabs with outer mirror support the outer mirror with your hand and install garnish slowly apply force there should be know gaps, fitting indicator 2 screws and a grey connector that just clips off , i hope this helps
18 plate Cx3 Sport Nav / Soul Red 1.5 Diesel Awd Auto Full Body Kit
Poolfandave

Post by Poolfandave »

Hello thanks for the reply, I actually managed to remove the mirror garnish by opening up a gap at the bottom edge and used a trim removal kit , plastic wedges in a number of different shapes and sizes to gradually prise off the garnish. These kits are available on EBay for about £7. Thanks for all the suggestions and advice.