What has gone wrong with Mazda dealers?

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
IWRA

Post by IWRA »

When I was buying 3 years ago I went to Bristol Street Motors in Bristol (no longer a Mazda dealer) who said they did not have a demonstrator as the salesman had gone on holiday with it for 2 weeks. I then went to Clevedon Mazda who were and have been brilliant ever since, who gave us the keys to their CX-3. I bought through Victoria Park Mazda in Cardiff as they had the exact pre-registered spec I wanted on their forecourt and nothing was too much trouble with the test drive, sale, trade-in and sorting out a couple of warranty issues. They also offered 0% finance over 2 years.
Mazda CX-3 1.5 2WD Manual Sport Nav - Soul red with half stone leather

AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

IWRA wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:10 am ... did not have a demonstrator as the salesman had gone on holiday with it for 2 weeks.
What the hell were they thinking??!!
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
zoylander

Post by zoylander »

Eden Mazda Taunton is practically next to J25 of the M5, so my pre-arranged test drive was to head north on the M5, exit at J24 and return to Taunton on the A38. This round trip of 20 miles or so should have taken no more than 30/40 minutes, but......

After a couple of miles the M5 ground to a halt. The salesman who was travelling with my wife and I phoned the dealership to say that he would be delayed, and we were stuck for so long that some people left their vehicles and climbed over the embankment to relieve themselves. There had been a serious accident with all three emergency services and the air ambulance in attendance. When we eventually moved and passed the scene, some of the cars involved in the accident were burned out, but mercifully no-one was killed or seriously injured.

The 20 mile test drive took about two and a half hours and is one that I will never forget, but I did buy the car.
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.
Peter55

Post by Peter55 »

I think Dealers are getting a little fed up letting people (myself included) test drive and then going online to CarWow or Drivethedeal or going out of area to other Dealers

Absolutely nothing wrong in doing this, but you have to see it from their perspective

One of my experiences when mid sales pitch was when the guy went out to value mine, when seeing it had Edinburgh plates and asking why I bought so far away and with my answer “price”
There was a distinct change of attitude and disinterest (can’t say I blamed him)
Sport Nav Petrol Auto Dynamic Blue
Armrest
Front Sensors
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

You would think Mazda UK would support and encourage their dealers for test drives. They should take requests for test drives themselves and then pass them out to the nearest dealer. I don't see any issues with this and everybody would benefit.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Strangways wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:39 pm ...They should take requests for test drives themselves and then pass them out to the nearest dealer. I don't see any issues with this and everybody would benefit...
They already do this on the Mazda UK website ;)

There's also MazdaMyWay where, in selected geographic areas, Mazda dedicated 'Brand Champions' will bring your chosen Mazda to you at your convenience so you can experience a test drive on the roads you drive on every day, and then offer you a part-ex price etc.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
Peter55

Post by Peter55 »

Doesn’t help Sales staff on a commission based salary
Sport Nav Petrol Auto Dynamic Blue
Armrest
Front Sensors
Gus

Post by Gus »

Peter55 wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:32 am Doesn’t help Sales staff on a commission based salary
Yes it does as the myway staff are not on commission and the car is still sold through the local dealer.
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
CX-5, Sport Nav+, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Sep 2018.