What has gone wrong with Mazda dealers?

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Runnerbean

Post by Runnerbean »

I am looking at a potential purchase of a new Mazda CX3 and visited our local dealer who wasn’t particularly helpful. Have emailed another who has not responded, have called another who was short staffed and could not arrange a test drive during hours we needed. Rang another who stated they would call back but hasn’t. I appreciate there is a change of model due but all we want is a feel of how one drives. Compare this against the local Honda dealer who arranged a 24 hr loan of a CH-R within minutes and treated us with courtesy and value. We have purchased Mazda’s on several occasions from a dealer who unfortunately closed several years ago and we had nothing but praise for them. Disappointing so far – hope the car is better.
CX3 - Sport Nav + - Petrol - Manual - 2wd - Soul Red Crystal - 2018

Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

I have had the same issues in that my local dealer only wanted to sell me a new one when I clearly stated I wanted an ex demo. When it comes to servicing they are poor but the only good bit they get right is the parts department is excellent.
As for customer services at Mazda I have given up after numerous email and telephone enquiries go unanswered.
It's a good job I wanted a CX-3 and not the Toyota as my local Toyota dealer is far and above the Mazda dealer in terms of customer service.
Gus

Post by Gus »

Strange isn’t it, I had those issues of being ignored, not responding etc. with a Toyota dealer that I had brought 3 Ravs from, but the Mazda dealer is exceptional.
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
CX-5, Sport Nav+, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Sep 2018.
ptirving

Post by ptirving »

Dunno where you are in UK. As you see, Im SE Nland. Dealer here is Mazda Toyota and Suzuki. Had 3 Toyotas and 2 Mazdas from them; apart from 1 instance with a younger salesman who showed lack of commitment with a potential CHR purchase, sales and service have been top notch.
Was GT Sport 2.0 Petrol Auto Meteor Grey 39mpg round the doors 46mpg on a run
Now 2019 Mazda 3 2.0 petrol auto Meteor Grey
zoylander

Post by zoylander »

Perhaps I have been fortunate with Eden Mazda Taunton, who have been helpful and efficient with sales and service.
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.
steve67

Post by steve67 »

my local dealer Derby) is great for servicing and customer care, but have not been able to match Johnson in solihull for deals.... it was faultless dealing with them over the phone/email and never met the salesman until we picked the car up... was kept up to speed with delivery etc etc, so good we have bought from them twice in the past year , with our local dealer not matching or getting any where near johnsons price, but as i said they are faultless with customer care, they pick the car up from work and drop it off when service is done,,,
One of those annoying cyclist, who happens to also drive a CX3 SPORT NAV IN ETERNAL BLUE on the odd occasion ... The CX3 has been a pleasure to drive but it's time to move on. ...NOW DRIVING A MAZDA CX30 GT SPORT-JAN 2020
GeeJam

Post by GeeJam »

The team at Donald's Mazda in Stamford, Linolnshire are brilliant.
CX-3 Sport Nav 2.0L Petrol. Manual. Soul Red & Half Stone interior. From new Sept 2015. South Lincolnshire UK.
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

Both Eden Mazda in Basingstoke & Hendy Mazda in Southampton have been very good - no complaints.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
Mickledore

Post by Mickledore »

Hi guys. I'm new here.
Thinking of a CX-3. What a palace trying to get a test drive.
David Hatton in Southport will only let me out in the showroom model providing I don't do more than 2 miles.
Warrington Mazda won't reply to my online enquiries even though they had the exact car that I was after.
Arnold Clark in Liverpool will let me have any number of test drives round their pre selected 2mile route through the city centre. Yup, traffic lights, road junctions, pedestrian crossings et al. I'll be lucky to get into third gear! I won't be using it for city centre journeys so that sort of test is no use at all. Finally, after a lot of phone chat to HQ in Glasgow I have been granted an "extended" test drive. What this means is anybody's guess but I hope we don't have their guy telling me which junction to take.

BTW are advertising 2r hour test drives and my nephew in London picked up a Seat last Friday afternoon, drove up to Preston for the weekend and returned th
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

Have you tried Perrys at Preston or Blackburn.
They let me have a 1 hour test drive after a long chat with them.They usually have a 2.0 Sport Nav as a demo.
Didn't buy from them but at least i knew it was the car for me.