Whats the real MPG

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
SoonerV8

Post by SoonerV8 »

Well i'm still waiting to see the "magic" 40, in any situation!! I did see 39 today, on a longish journey, so maybe it's slowly getting there after 1700miles. Hardly, in old fashioned terms, run-in really!!
Petrol Sport Nav AWD 2018 UK Midlands.

zoylander

Post by zoylander »

On an annual mileage of about 5000 I don't worry too much about MPG, but I am happy that the car stays on the right side of 43, which I think is good for a 2 litre petrol automatic in real world motoring. I might see a marginal improvement by using the i-stop function, but I prefer to decide for myself when to turn the engine off.
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.
SOMERS

Post by SOMERS »

MONEY
If wanted to save petrol I would run the bus or save even more by running behind a taxi.
For every thing in life there is a price to pay.
You can not leave the house with out some money in your pocket.
Some people save money to go on vacation while others save money while on vacation.
Some will never know the meaning of life.
Every penny you own will be spent either by you or some body else all at your expence.
There are two type of spenders rich spenders and poor spenders.
People want what you have, you just found that out.
Less is always more.

Spending money on petol is not the big problem, that is only part of the cost of transportation.
Want to realy save monery don't get out of bed.

Many don't know why they are so thrifty and even save money on food and wonder why they got sick.
Many don't know how to make money or even spend is wisely.
There is more to life than money, Let you heart not be troubled,

look for the dawning,get in your CX3 and go for a drive and most of all enjoy it with the thought of how lucky you are .

Money does not bring happiness hapiness brings happiness.

When it is my time to go I will be poor and happy because I will have given it all to a childrens hospital.

SOMERS isle CX3 Soul red . Auto . Toyo tires & goes like the wind on a tank of gas.
switchback

Post by switchback »

HouseSpider. How do I find this screen? Is it an APP?
2018 CX3+ Sport Nav 120 Petrol Manual. Machine Grey.
SOMERS

Post by SOMERS »

Mr HouseSpider Greetings.
1) Start the vehicle.
2) Look to your main dash board screen at the selection of APPS
3) Either finger touch the screen or use the large controler knob near the gear stick click over to the far left APP.
4) You will discover a new screen/ page come up.
5) At the botom of this new screen / page you will see several icons.
6) Find and touch the SECOND icon in from the left
7) you will see a milage screen thgis i part one of the sequence.
8) Drive the vehicle
9) the "fuel economy monitor "should display in say a few minutes

May I recomend to every one to play with the tough screed as if it were a game either finger touch when car is at a stand still or use the large dial rocker knob near the gear stick when car is moving , it is either one or the other for safety reasons, not both are available at the same time say at least two minutes of driving.

In the early stages i would stop to make any and all adjustments for safety reasons.

You can not damage the device. Just Have fun with the thing.as with every thing it just take time.

Treat the controler knob as if it were a computer mouse.
SOMERS

Post by SOMERS »

" Understanding the fuel economy monitor." ( see and refer to above screen)

There are 3 separate displays on the screen.

1)" Fuel economy( this drive)," You are shown one hour of driving information devided into 10 minute sections
The first section ( far right) devides the first ten minutes into individual minutes .

2)" Aver. Fuel Eeconomy History"
You are shown your 5 past hours of driving milage ,items 2,3,4.5.6. also being your last 6 trips in adition, you are shown your last current hour of driving 54.4 M.P.G.

3) Average ( THIS DRIVE) 54.1 mpg
This is your average milage for you last hour of driving (see my item 1 " THIS DRIVE )

////// Don't ask why the difference . 54.1 or 54.4 ~I don't know why \\\\\\
*******I also dont know what the 85 stands for my screen only shows 30 ******

There is another screen that shows the milage you car is getting that screen some times pops up first
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 0~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
See if i can get you to buy in on this one.

You drive point "A" to point "B" or too and from work every day for 30 days your milage will never ever be the same
and also some of you have the Almighty " i stop" running.

At best all you can deal with is the law of averages and that is "Fangio" take your foot of the gas pedal going down hill.

Somers Mazda CX3 Soul red + i stop + traction control ................ its a very limited edition
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

Switchback. As per instructions provided above by others the screen is found in the Applications sub-menu. The Fuel Economy Monitor has three screens, accessed by another sub-menu which is by default hidden. The first shows the i-stop status, the second shows the i-stop performance figures, and the third is the bar chart as per photo.

The average fuel economy history shows the previous five resets. The current bar shows the mpg since last reset, which I do everytime I fill the tank. Therefore my photo shows this drive since last starting the vehicle as being 54.1mpg by since I filled the tank I have averaged 54.4mpg. This last figure mirrors the average mpg shown on the trip meter.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
switchback

Post by switchback »

Thanks for that. For some reason I assumed that the APPs were phone APPS and as I don't use any I hadn't tried that area :roll: .
switchback

Post by switchback »

SOMERS wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:55 pm
May I recomend to every one to play with the tough screed as if it were a game either finger touch when car is at a stand still or use the large dial rocker knob near the gear stick when car is moving , it is either one or the other for safety reasons, not both are available at the same time say at least two minutes of driving.
Touch screen operation disables automatically at 5mph. I always use either speech or the capstan as I don't like fingerprints on the screen :lol: .
SOMERS

Post by SOMERS »

HouseSpider's post Monday Oct 15. 2018 6.04 am

" Applications menue" app on the main screen HouseSpider is absolutely correct ,all of the" Fuel Economy Monitor" information is in fact devided into 3 sections each with its own screen.
May I respectfully refer you to HouseSpider's post for re clarification in order to bring up those screens, you will need to click for each to recover them.

Saving Petrol :- Do not labour the engine while ascending hills.
Get to know all functions of your gear box.
Anticipate the correct gear and speed for the gadient
Automatic drive may not be your best option.

Objectives

Maintain momentum.
Correct gear.
Controled road speed.
Sufficient R.P.M.
Sufficent engine torque.
Correct tire pressure.
Vehicle load.
Anticipation of the road conditions ahead.

Somers . Soul Red CX3