Brouchure and prices released for the new 2018 CX-3 and also CX-5

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Gus

Post by Gus »

CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
CX-5, Sport Nav+, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Sep 2018.

steve67

Post by steve67 »

i see that the dealer contribution if bought on pcp is lower and the otr price higher,
One of those annoying cyclist, who happens to also drive a CX3 SPORT NAV IN ETERNAL BLUE on the odd occasion ... The CX3 has been a pleasure to drive but it's time to move on. ...NOW DRIVING A MAZDA CX30 GT SPORT-JAN 2020
Trewithy

Post by Trewithy »

I have been looking at the brochure for the revised CX-3 SE-L Nav 2.0 auto as this is the model I am thinking of buying. I see there is a power increase of 1BHP and a torque increase of 2Nm, both figures hardly significant, but disappointingly the fuel consumption is worse than before the update. Extra Urban has gone from 57.6 mpg to 51.4 and the Combined figure has gone from 48.7 to 46.3. There is a slight improvement in the urban figure but I don't do much driving in town. I shall be looking out for reviews of the revised model in car mags.
Gus

Post by Gus »

I believe that they have now changed the way they calculate the mpg figures, the acronym WLTP comes to mind, so that might explain the change in figures, you never know they may be realistic/achievable now.....
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
CX-5, Sport Nav+, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Sep 2018.
santa

Post by santa »

The fuel consumption figures will be more realistic now (the new WLTP figures are actually pretty close to the average of my CX-3).
The tiny HP and NM increae is due to a minor rework of the engine so it complies with Euro6d-TEMP and they actually do it without adding a petrol particulate filter, which many other will be forced to use to comply with Euro6d-TEMP.

The incease in size of the diesel, from 1.5 to 1.8, is also to comply with Euro6d-TEMP, and they've done it without having to add SCR and AdBlue (unlike the 2.2 diesel in the bigger models).
Mazda CX-30 2.0 150HP Aut. Cosmo w. Tech Pack in Arctic White, 2023.