Locking/Unlocking the doors

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
TCVBLADE

Post by TCVBLADE »

Hello,

I've just bought (yesterday) a CX-3 66 plate Sport Nav, I'm sure when I was at the dealership the expert showed and said that with the fob in my pocket, if I press the door handle button once it would open just the drivers door and if I pressed it twice it would open all the other doors. But pressing the drivers door button once opens all 4 doors. I've obviously changed the setting somehow and I've been thru the manual and I can't find an answer.

So if anyone has the answer I'd appreciate it, also if you could keep it in lay man terms.

Many Thanks.
CX-3, Sport Nav, 2.0l, Petrol, 66 plate.

steve67

Post by steve67 »

hi. i have mine set to open all doors, but if you go into the infotainment settings menu, you may find the answer
One of those annoying cyclist, who happens to also drive a CX3 SPORT NAV IN ETERNAL BLUE on the odd occasion ... The CX3 has been a pleasure to drive but it's time to move on. ...NOW DRIVING A MAZDA CX30 GT SPORT-JAN 2020
steve67

Post by steve67 »

similar to this
One of those annoying cyclist, who happens to also drive a CX3 SPORT NAV IN ETERNAL BLUE on the odd occasion ... The CX3 has been a pleasure to drive but it's time to move on. ...NOW DRIVING A MAZDA CX30 GT SPORT-JAN 2020
TCVBLADE

Post by TCVBLADE »

Hi Steve, thanks for your reply

My settings are different to that.

They look like this.

Cheers
Andrew
CX-3, Sport Nav, 2.0l, Petrol, 66 plate.
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

I have the same model and settings and it opens all doors. As far as I know there isn't an option to just open the drivers door.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
steve67

Post by steve67 »

jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Hi TCVBLADE (Andrew) and congratulations on your new purchase. Assuming you're in the UK, as Strangways said, there isn't an option to unlock just the driver's door.
From the manual (my emphasis) "All doors and the liftgate can be locked/unlocked by pressing the request switch on the front doors while the key is being carried."
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
TAX

Post by TAX »

From Steve67 .. http://www.mazda.ca/en/digital-owners-m ... 30100.html
When the vehicle speed exceeds 20 km/h (12 mph), all doors and the liftgate lock automatically.
really ?????????
SEPT 2017
CX3GT AUTO PETROL. CERAMIC METALLIC. 39 MPG
YORKSHIRE.
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

TAX wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:32 am From Steve67 .. http://www.mazda.ca/en/digital-owners-m ... 30100.html
When the vehicle speed exceeds 20 km/h (12 mph), all doors and the liftgate lock automatically.
really ?????????
Going by the Mazda Canada link that Steve67 posted, I'm guessing he is based in Canada and thus the specification is quite different from that in Europe. The auto locking of doors when exceeding a certain speed is a known USA/Canada feature that isn't available for some reason in Europe.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

steve67 wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:24 pm hi. i have mine set to open all doors, but if you go into the infotainment settings menu, you may find the answer
Steve67,

I'm guessing from the links you've posted on this thread that you are located in Canada? It would be very helpful to other users when reading your postings if they know where you are located and your car model. As you may well be aware, there are numerous differences in specification between the North American and European CX-3 model, as with many other regions and other manufacturers cars, and thus this can affect any answers given to questions raised.

For details of how to add your location to your profile, and your car model to your signature, please check out this posting :-

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=808
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016