Slight over revving

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
TCVBLADE

Post by TCVBLADE »

Hello again,

As I said on my first post I'm a newbie with Mazda and also the keyless ignition. My question is when you first start the car is it normal for it to rev slightly higher for about 30 secs then lower? I've not driven a keyless ignition/stop start car before, so I've no idea if its normal or not. I was told that I'd have to take the car back as there had been a recall on the air con condenser, I'm assuming this has affecting most on the forum too? So if the revving is a problem then I'd get them to look at it whilst they sort the condenser out.

Again many thanks for any replies
CX-3, Sport Nav, 2.0l, Petrol, 66 plate.

steve67

Post by steve67 »

its normal... well its done it on my last 2 mazda2's and this cx3.. nothing to worry about. :D
One of those annoying cyclist, who happens to also drive a CX3 SPORT NAV IN ETERNAL BLUE on the odd occasion ... The CX3 has been a pleasure to drive but it's time to move on. ...NOW DRIVING A MAZDA CX30 GT SPORT-JAN 2020
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

The higher revving is definitely normal when cold starting.
Many have had air-con problems you only have to do a quick search here to find out!
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
tyrfelin

Post by tyrfelin »

Absolutely normal - warms the engine up faster aiding efficiency!! Zoom-Zoom! ☺
Sport Nav 2.0 Snowflake White
tyrfelin

Post by tyrfelin »

Pre-2017 cars have had aircon condenser issues. If you don't mind the question, how old is your CX-3?
Sport Nav 2.0 Snowflake White
TCVBLADE

Post by TCVBLADE »

It's a 66 plate. Thanks for the replies! This forum has been a bit of a godsend of putting my mind at ease.
santa

Post by santa »

Not really adding anything but what model year is a 66 plate?
Us from outside the UK has no idea what that means, so can we please write the actual model year in the signature?
Mazda CX-30 2.0 150HP Aut. Cosmo w. Tech Pack in Arctic White, 2023.
TCVBLADE

Post by TCVBLADE »

66 plate means the 2nd half of 2016, 16 plate would mean first half of 2016 and so on.
Trewithy

Post by Trewithy »

Santa,
I looked at your fuel use on spritmonitor,de and saw that you have tried high octane fuel. Did you notice any improvement in performance? I guess if there was an improvement in fuel consumption it was not enough to justify the additional expense as you reverted to 95 octane.
santa

Post by santa »

Trewithy wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:05 pm Santa,
I looked at your fuel use on spritmonitor,de and saw that you have tried high octane fuel. Did you notice any improvement in performance? I guess if there was an improvement in fuel consumption it was not enough to justify the additional expense as you reverted to 95 octane.
Yes, I did notice a slight change in power delivery. It seemed to have more lowdown torque.
It would only downshift one gear, where it would normally downshift two gears when accellerating using the cruise control.
It seemed to be a bit more economical, but I can't be sure unless I try for a longer period of time.
Downside is that it's about 15-20% more expensive than normal 95 octane (the high octane I used was Shell V-power 99 octane).

A competitor has introduced 100 octane fuel in Copenhagen (hopefully it will be introduced in my area as well) for a 10% higher price and Shell will boost V-power from 99 to 100 octane.
So I'll try with the new 100 octane when it's possible.
Mazda CX-30 2.0 150HP Aut. Cosmo w. Tech Pack in Arctic White, 2023.