OWNER MAINTENANCE

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
SOMERS

Post by SOMERS »

DaveG
Greetings
Thank you for your interest and kind reply.
I have used Masking tape on some of my other vehicles when i have been forsed to use 500 paper on the rubber door sills, I used to use Armour all which i think turns the rubber grey, now i am using lemon pledge with great success.

As you may have gessed I am a car nut my cars are my exercise machines ok ! so i am 82 but i am hiding behind a body of 50 you are what you eat. the secret to long life is" keep moving". I can always fint the time to do things all it takes is motivation an enthusiasm.

DRIVING
I maintain all my cars in imaculate condition at least i think so ,that is why i can shoot my mouth off on car care on the forum" am I boaring Y"all".

I am very strict and self disiplined while driving.

Cornering could be a topic here we shall see. >>>>> " Every corner is different ".

Have driving licenses for three countries.

Over 60+ years ,gone through 7 cars from ages 7 to 13 years the Mazda is #8, I always want the best available here.

Two 20 +/- day visits to Europe each time we rented Porche 944 & 9** the most scarey part was Norway's hairpins.
Been to nearly every car factory over there.
I am also motorcycle freek lost count on them here, may be 7 or 8 one was a Harley wana be my favourite was a BMW boxer R1100 RT put 50,000 miles on that in the USA over a 12 years period,the latest here is a Vespa. I cannot seem to keep still I have done 12 ocean crossing on sailing yachts that about 7,500 miles one a major ocean race in our own Racing machine.
If you ever wonder where heven is its here .

Drive safe
Somers

Mazda CX3 Soul red
Ford Anglia .
Hilman Super minx.
Ford Capri.
VW Sirocco.
Toyota Corola lift back.
Toyota Rav 4.
Jeep Patriot.

AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Respect to you SOMERS 8-) :D
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

As we say in the UK "Hats of to You " Somers, you can give me ten years but I also look at my car cleaning obsession as good exersize.
I have owned 19 cars during my lifetime and 8 motorbikes.
At my age I still spend Every June touring Europe for a Month, I also drive to Geneva Switzerland to visit family twice a year, the CX3 was brilliant driving the bendy roads of the Jura mountains.
Keep going !!!!!
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019
SOMERS

Post by SOMERS »

Mr. AndyRen & Mr. DaveG.

Gentlemen, you are too kind.

All of those toys are gone now, we kept the Vespa as the bike limit here in scooter heaven is 150 CC .

We gave the BMW Motorcycle to a past president of the B.M.W club of Alabama, a lady, who had cancer to pay her medicals bills, she did not make it, so sad !

Have you noticed that I alway leave something out of my posts, sort of an invitation to generate positive comment, we all have something to give. Saving the life of another is the ultimate gift.

" Who knows what is around the next bend ?"

Drive safe ! Never let a fool rent space in your head.

Somers CX3 Soul Red, Auto,
SOMERS

Post by SOMERS »

CRUISE CONTROL OwnersManual

Owners Manual ~ Index Page 10-3
Cruise conrtol, go to pages 4-169 / 4-173
Preeface refer to pge 4-169 <<<<<<< Mandatory readibg
Go to page 4 -170 See "clock" diagram top right which relates to**** Mr. Somers CX 3 Cruise control only.*****
Intructions

1) Start vehicle normaly, you may wish to disengage i stop
2 ) Drive vehicle to a speed over 16 mph or 25 km/h minimum >>>> do go to 30 MPH
3) Observe switches on right arm of steering wheel see" clock"
4) While driving select ON. (This turns the system ON.)
5) Next while driving select SET - ( This registers your desired speed 30 MPH. into the vehicle computer)
6) Next remove you foot from the gas pedal ( you vieicle will travel at 30 M.P.H
7) Press RES + you car will increase in speed say1 M.P.H
8) Press SET- You car will decrease in speed say 1 M.P.H.
9) Should tyou wish to increase speed go to say 40 M.P.H. press SET - your car will go at 40
10 )To cancel Press OFF CAN or brake the resume driving as normal.

Somers CX3 red
SOMERS

Post by SOMERS »

CRUISE CONTROL
To avoid the risk of a "forum time out " i decided to submit" spelling errors and all ,

(((((((((("let it pass, its blowing in the wind".)))))))))

My system came "without adjustable speed limiter" you may have an up graded system lucky you !
you will see changes in the heads up display system, from there ,you can observe changes in speed as you make them.

I have to press SET - to reduce my speed, if , I run up on the vehicle in front of me.

I can press RES + to bring my vehicle back up to speed.

Somers CX3 Soul red **********Automatic Trans axle******* got it !