OWNER MAINTENANCE

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
SOMERS

Post by SOMERS »

Gentlemen.

The day I retired from work , I made a pact with my self that I would no longer take abuse from any one.

I have long consider my self as a respectable charitable person, my thoughts and actions are beyond reproach.

Making jokes regarding controled substance is a poor excuse to shake the hook ,especially on a repugnant topic directed at the expence of others who are not know to one another is in poor taste and indefencible.

I have lived in England for a period of three year while attending college ,so I am familiar with up lifting English humour.

How can you expect me to face you all after the third degree .

The fuel that burns my fire is enthusiasm and without that , I can no longer continue.

Every one looses.

Donald and Mavis Cave
" Somers Court "
Southampton
Bermuda.

HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

It's s shame that, as no-one has posted anything malicious against you, that you can't see the humourous side to the post regarding"stuff". It was meant in jest and not directed at you in any way to taint your character, nor can be construed as abuse. But unfortunately you seem to have taken it personally and out of context in how it was meant.
Life is too short to take offence at something that we would seem so petty. If you read alot of the other posts on this forum you can see alot of gentle humour that is no meant to be offensive, and it's not normally taken as such.
However everyone is different. We all now know your sense of humour is different from those on this forum, and I of one don't think I can reply to any of your post now for fear of causing offence.
It's totally up to you whether you continue on this forum or not.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
Gordongilchrist

Post by Gordongilchrist »

SOMERS wrote: โ†‘Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:05 pm Mr . Geeham .
That did not take long did it.

Are you politelly asking me to leave the forum ?

For the record, Mr. Geeham :-
I do not drink Alcohol, never did.
I do not store or indulge in controled substances ,never did.

SOMERS CX3

Respects to our elderly member, it brings me hope for my own future. So hat off to you.

Everyone is entitled to their views as are those who wish to rebuke them. I'm pretty sure it was just ment as humor. If I was you I wouldn't leave any group just because an individual or two don't like what I say or makes a joke at my expense. But it's up to you I guess
2017 Mazda CX-3 sport nav 2WD Automatic 120 petrol in white :)
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Trouble is, one culture's humour is another cultures slap in the face! Awkward eh?
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
SOMERS

Post by SOMERS »

" Do not stop posting your posts are very refreshingly different please carry on".

DaveG. Thank you for your kind words and encouragement.

British humour often takes the mickie out of the best of them.
Before , I carry on with another 1,000 words on how to drive a CX3 in reverse using smoke and mirors.

I would like to take this oppertunity to offer the olive branch and make pease with Mr. Geejam.
Sir, I am not perfect by any means, I realise that we are all entitled to our oppinions, I often say and do things which I have later come to regret ,that, which unfortunately happens to the best of us.

Today, I would like to move on to better and brighter things.

I have found the CX3 forum a fantastic encyclopedia of wisdom, you all have alot to be proud of.

I hope I can improve on my posts, the funny part, is, I like many am not a seasoned mechanic so all that is left are the social aspects of safe driving and all that goes with it.

I realize that I am a new kid on the block , I did not join the forum to steal any bodies thunder.

Somers CX3 Soul Red automatic.
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Ž
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
SOMERS

Post by SOMERS »

Gentleman

I have decided to move on ,in order to preserve the integraty of the Mazda CX3 Forum UK .

Bermuda Somers Mazda CX3 Soul red
SOMERS

Post by SOMERS »

THE DIRTY CAR TEST

Run you finger across the windscreen if your finger come up black you may need to wash your car
That black stuff contains acid which will destroy your finish.
Driving home in the rain, Always get the hose pipe out.

Quick wash in tandum spray the car using hand mist /squirt sprayer with diluted power car wash and rinse well change overto a fined spray garden five defuser. you do not need the physically touch the car in the winter you may want to wash your car this way .
SOMERS

Post by SOMERS »

WAXING THE CAR.

Winter is coming time to get a coat of wax on your car for protection.

Humidity ; Tempreture; Heat ;have a lot to do with how you car finish will turn out many try to finish the car in one sitting , that is not practical, only deal with one or two pannels at a time by swaping over sides .

The roof and the engine bonnet are the worst for wear which can be done by deviding the area into quarters .

You will need to keep progress records. I am not going to get into the use of the " Clay bar" at this time , however the pannel you intend to wax must be perfectly clean and dry.

Here are some hints on waxing ....... Do not wax a hot car, only attempt one pannel at a time .

1) Clean and dry pannel.
2) Wear protective clothing and eye wear.
3) Use a high quality wax, with a sponge aplicator.
4) Apply wax sparingly the more you put on the more you have to remove.
5 ) Do not apply wax closer than 1/2 " from joints ; plastic and rubber.
6 ) A trick * After aplication wait say 5 minutes +/-, draw one finger across wax to derermine best time for removal.
7 ) With several clean micro cloths folded into quarters" very lightly polish the wax ", do not polish the car that removes the wax.
8 ) Rince the pannel with cold water to set the wax.
9) Take your time don't rush.

Somers CX3 soul red.
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

I always mask the plastic and rubber with low tack masking tape before waxing, worth the time it takes, not for everyone though,
Somers I think I might have encouraged the less time cleaning more time driving response.....however I enjoy both activitys what about you.
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019