Reversing camera view changed

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
TCVBLADE

Post by TCVBLADE »

Today all of a sudden the view on the reversing camera changed without me changing any setting. The view is now fisheye I can see the licence plate curved at the top and bottom. I prefer the previous standard view has anyone had this sudden change of fish eye perspective and how do you change it back?

Many Thanks
CX-3, Sport Nav, 2.0l, Petrol, 66 plate.

jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Mine has always been like that. It's a wide-angle fisheye lens on the camera.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Silly perhaps - But I assume you've checked the lens is clean - no water droplets etc
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
TCVBLADE

Post by TCVBLADE »

Yeah I've checked the lens is clean. I actually saw it change as I was reversing up my drive yesterday. Before it looked like this
https://www.cx3forum.com/forum/attachme ... ctive-.jpg

No curving or showing the licence plate and bumper. Seems odd it just changed
CX-3, Sport Nav, 2.0l, Petrol, 66 plate.
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

I think mine has always been like that - as per attached photo. It's ideal especially with the towbar.

WP_20180918_09_18_24_Pro.jpg

Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Same here - wide angle.

20180919_140330.jpg

16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
SOMERS

Post by SOMERS »

Another thought
As you know the camers lens is attached to the boot lid .
If the lid was closed with more than normal amount offorce/ pressure the lens position may have changed position and may be a closer inspection is needed there, before you get to see the dealer.
Somers CX3 Soul Red
SOMERS

Post by SOMERS »

Here is a chance to act the roll of a land surveyor by setting up acurate sight lines parallel to your vehicle center line ,do this to establish the vehicles zero by using wooden stakes ( Paint stirers ) and a tape measure , I would recomend this practice from time to time.
I have hammered in some permanat Re ~ bar stakes and one meter lengths of scrap white PVC pipes over. This also helps when returning home at night.
Same as navagation markers ( " Aids to Navigation ") when returning from sea . Been there and done that.
Somers CX 3 soul red
CliveG

Post by CliveG »

I have the same issues with this, view through camera changed to wide angle following an update to the MZD centre.
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

Did anyone ever get to the bottom of this. Mine changed this morning while reversing, I saw it happen. Before I could see the kerb running along the back of the car, now the bumper is in the line of vision. Points to note, software/firmware has not been touched. Car not connected to wi-fi / Internet. Nothing on Sd card touched.
Bit annoyed to be honest.
Car sold - but still following Mazda.