Reversing camera view changed

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
steve67

Post by steve67 »

As above the angle suddenly changed today on the camera....Has anyone had an answer from Mazda?

i have just called my local mazda dealer and they are not heard of this before..... :?:
One of those annoying cyclist, who happens to also drive a CX3 SPORT NAV IN ETERNAL BLUE on the odd occasion ... The CX3 has been a pleasure to drive but it's time to move on. ...NOW DRIVING A MAZDA CX30 GT SPORT-JAN 2020

TCVBLADE

Post by TCVBLADE »

So it wasn't just me imagining things then! Be interested if anyone gets to the bottom of it, I spoke to someone at Mazda too and they looked at me gone out.
CX-3, Sport Nav, 2.0l, Petrol, 66 plate.
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

This sounds very strange. I would expect the camera to have a standard and basic fixed focus/angle lens wired with limited software.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
steve67

Post by steve67 »

TCVBLADE wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:04 am So it wasn't just me imagining things then! Be interested if anyone gets to the bottom of it, I spoke to someone at Mazda too and they looked at me gone out.
you are not going crazy.............mazda said they would look at it , but i'll leave it it service time...
One of those annoying cyclist, who happens to also drive a CX3 SPORT NAV IN ETERNAL BLUE on the odd occasion ... The CX3 has been a pleasure to drive but it's time to move on. ...NOW DRIVING A MAZDA CX30 GT SPORT-JAN 2020
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Mine seems fine. The bottom where is shows the bumper is definitely a fish eyed view, but above that the yellow lines are parallel to the kerb or parking space lines for instance. That's all I need for reversing purposes. Hope it stays that way.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
steve67

Post by steve67 »

so lets start/ change the thread to--

show us your rear camera view----

....picture coming soon..
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

There is a clue in the two pictures posted...

The flat view shows a “collapse” arrow icon at the top left but the fish eye view shows a cog / “settings” icon at the top left.

Can everyone post what version of the MZ software they are running.
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

59.00.545, my view hasn't changed since day one when I was on 56.00.513
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
aktivizt

Post by aktivizt »

This appears to be a common issue and my camera display changed to oval suddenly after being rectangular for 3 years. I took the car to the dealers where it was checked by 2 technicians and subsequently a new camera was ordered and fitted,. When I went to collect the car the display was still oval but the edges of the numberplate were not visible as before. While at the dealership we checked two other used CX3’s and their displays were also oval though the CX5 displays are rectangular.
As I have removed and re-fitted the new camera there appears to be no physical adjustment so this could be a software issue.
Nobody is imagining this!
Even Mazda are not aware of this but they will when I visit the dealership tomorrow!
Anyone got any ideas on how to change the camera display back to rectangular?
2015 2.0 Sport Nav. Auto
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

On page 4-209 of the 2017 CX-5 Owner's manual it describes the available view choices on the 360° view monitor from the front, side & rear cameras (some models), and there is the choice of rear or rear wide view by tapping an icon on the screen.

Pages 4-262 & 4-265 shows the wide view only from the reversing camera as standard on vehicles without 360° view.

cx5 camera view.JPG

My CX-3 has always had a wide view from OS 56.00.513B onwards and I have seen no settings to change it, or any mentions of a setting in the CX-3 Owner's manuals. Members have reported the CX-3 view suddenly changing to wide without having changed the OS, which is very peculiar. It would be interesting to see a photo of a member's CX-3 monitor in the UK (not a Mazda released photo) with a view that is not wide.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd