Depreciation

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

I know the first year depreciation can be somewhat steep but due to a up and coming change in circumstances I may need to change to a larger car. Various options out there so started getting some figures together. My car is the Sport Nav petrol auto plus stone leather, safety pack and spare wheels (space saver and full sized). Just had its first service at eleven months old. Best price £15,500. That's about a 35% hit which is a big pill to swallow, and with delivery times ever growing with the WLTP debarcle continuing this price will not be guaranteed by most dealers so could be less by the time I take delivery. If delivery is up to three months then it's OK, any more than that there is a lot of sucking through teeth heard from the sales peoples mouths, but the short delivery cars are the ones at the lower end of my choice. Oh for the days when dealers had a pool of cars from stock to choose from.
Car sold - but still following Mazda.

Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

That's why I always buy an ex demo in case I need to change.

I think the most I would lose after 12 months is £2000 and probably nearer £1500.
steve67

Post by steve67 »

Try Tootle. A reverse bidding site .. we sold a fiesta through them . Paid in cash and buyer collects...only trade can buy. I would use them again,
certainly better than wbac
One of those annoying cyclist, who happens to also drive a CX3 SPORT NAV IN ETERNAL BLUE on the odd occasion ... The CX3 has been a pleasure to drive but it's time to move on. ...NOW DRIVING A MAZDA CX30 GT SPORT-JAN 2020
SOMERS

Post by SOMERS »

I have been valuing realestate for a bank and the government for 27 years, it is an art form based on know how and experiance.

Here is an example of how to sell a car using a boat.

This potential customer wanted to buy my boat , I gave him what I considdered was a favourable price.

He then started to negociate with me, by saying that my boat was not worth what I was asking, right then I knew that he had no idea what my boat or any boat was worth, he contimnued on with his negotiations to the point when I told him you are not getting this boat a any price.

You can do the same with a car as there are more than one fish in the sea.

The big problem with selling cars is when the insurance companies get involved limiting their liability.
Insurable value.

Value as seen throught the eyes of the :-

Banker loan department.
The insurance company.
The fire department .
The police.
The seller.
The buyer.
The sales agent.
The garage Mechanic.
Your great aunt.
The devorce lawyer.

Every one will have a different oppinion .

CX3 RED
SOMERS

Post by SOMERS »

Try this :-
Advertise your car arrance for all the prospective customers to appear at the same place and time, say a city car park not at your home, the car will also be their, key in your hand, car ready to go . Start the thing up if you wish.
Hold an auction with your reserve bid.

It is not nice to have a lady shouter in the crowd, don't do it.

No takers, OH dear ! you just drive home ! at least you will know the highest bid.

BINGO !

SOUL RED CX3 Auto : Toyo tires.
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

I bought my CX-3 for transport and to enjoy (as I really do). As I intend to keep it for the foreseeable future depreciation hopefully won't be an issue.
My only problem is the amount of miles I'm putting on the car. Bought in July 2017 and already up to 35,000 but with no issues at all. All the niggles I had with the MZD Connect were resolved with the 59.00.545 software update.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
steve67

Post by steve67 »

i have been converted to the dark side when funding cars....PCP.. from my experience you get better deals and manufactures offers from new and touch wood for me its working , i'm on my 5th in 7yrs and this is my 3rd Mazda. my change from my Mazda 2 GT to the CX3 cost £2 pm less than the GT putting in no extra cash and with the dealer offers and bartering what i have paid for the CX is less than a nearly new ...i always say to the dealer give me a call when you have a deal where i upgrade, hence swapping into the cx3 from the gt in only 10 months at no extra cost to me. On another note with a pcp , you don't have money locked up in the car ...
One of those annoying cyclist, who happens to also drive a CX3 SPORT NAV IN ETERNAL BLUE on the odd occasion ... The CX3 has been a pleasure to drive but it's time to move on. ...NOW DRIVING A MAZDA CX30 GT SPORT-JAN 2020
switchback

Post by switchback »

HouseSpider wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:45 am IAll the niggles I had with the MZD Connect were resolved with the 59.00.545 software update.
Which niggles were resolved?
2018 CX3+ Sport Nav 120 Petrol Manual. Machine Grey.
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

The main niggles included:
1. the MZD not starting correctly and continually rebooting. I used to resolve this by stopping, removing the memory card for the navigation, restarting, switching off, reinserting the memory card and then staring again.
2. the bluetooth connection with my phone was not always stable, sometimes not connecting at all.

As others have pointed out the new software also resolves othe issues including speed limits on minor roads. It now feels alot more stable, quicker in booting and switching between menus, and is generally sorted. I can't think of anything that I have a problem with (touch wood).
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
switchback

Post by switchback »

HouseSpider wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:12 am
As others have pointed out the new software also resolves othe issues including speed limits on minor roads. It now feels alot more stable, quicker in booting and switching between menus, and is generally sorted. I can't think of anything that I have a problem with (touch wood).
Do you think it might fix this?

I have an issue with mine. If the speed sign is obscured by trees or just not recognised by the camera it takes about a quarter of a mile before the sat nav realises and changes the HUD to the correct sign. I've got the excess speed warning bleeps set to +5 MPH and it's very annoying when they keep sounding because the system thinks I'm still in the previous speed limit.
2018 CX3+ Sport Nav 120 Petrol Manual. Machine Grey.