3rd Annual Service + MOT

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
GeeJam

Post by GeeJam »

Goes in this coming Tuesday 16th October 2018. It's been an really enjoyable 3 years since new. Have loved it and definitely had some fun. It is to become a 'keeper'.

22,700 miles on original Toyo's (still going strong).
Warranty expires 30th Oct.
Service Quote: £217.54 + £39.00 MOT.

Garage is also lubricating dried out noisy wing mirror fold-in mechanism, checking clutch (not biting properly when pulling away from stop on steep gradients), plus software update [recommended by other forum members].

Just to say at this stage, how immensely helpful you've all been on the forum . . . . much appreciated.

Dealer repeatedly insist differention between clolours on soul red plastic bumpers and rest of car is normal for 2015 models - but it's really very noticeable now. Guess we'll have to live with it.

Will promise to keep you all posted after this Tuesday.

Wish us luck.

GeeJam
CX-3 Sport Nav 2.0L Petrol. Manual. Soul Red & Half Stone interior. From new Sept 2015. South Lincolnshire UK.

Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

Good luck and are you going to extend the warranty ???
Beachman

Post by Beachman »

just booked my cx3 in for 3rd year service and mot. this is the first time I have ever had a mot in all my years driving60+

normerly I would change at 3 years but as offer price was to low I decided to keep it, with only 20000 on clock car going well.
Se-l nav auto dynamic blue petrol
SOMERS

Post by SOMERS »

Labour service cost are the same for a large car and an upholstered roler skate.

People tailgate my car to get a good look at it.

Somers RED
GeeJam

Post by GeeJam »

MJC1216 wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:52 am Good luck and are you going to extend the warranty ???
No MJC1216, having weighed up all the pro's and cons, we've finally decided that Mazda's build quality, their reputation and parts longevity outway the need to purchase an extended warranty*. If something major went wrong (such as a con rod failure), like all reputable manufacturers, Mazda would pay for it to be rectified anyway. We also have the manual petrol - so no diesel particulate filter issues or expensive auto box failures to worry about. It's likely that any parts that may need replacing will be down to general wear and tear - meaning that they would not be covered under warranty anyway. Bodywork paint and interior is already covered for life with Autoglym 'Lifeshine' and the necessary warranty work needed for any major faults (such as air con condenser) have already been carried out.

* If, however, we had been foolish enough to have bought a Renault Capture, Nissan Joke or an ugly Peugeot with quilted sleeping bags glued along the doors, then we would have needed an extended warranty!
CX-3 Sport Nav 2.0L Petrol. Manual. Soul Red & Half Stone interior. From new Sept 2015. South Lincolnshire UK.
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Beachman wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:15 am this is the first time I have ever had a mot in all my years driving60+
You lead a charmed life Beachman, never going through the yearly ritual of - Will it pass, won't it pass and how much is it going to cost me?! :o
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
Beachman

Post by Beachman »

yes have been lucky.
my worry is will I pass my mot in march big 80 :D :D :D :D
Se-l nav auto dynamic blue petrol