Automatic speed adjustment according to traffic signs shown in the Sat Nav and HUD

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Batcave

Post by Batcave »

Hi all,
Does anyone know if the new CX-3 can adjust the speed according to traffic signs automatically (same speed as the traffic signs shown in the HUD/Navi system)???

Strangways

Post by Strangways »

Hi Batcave and welcome to the forums.
No this technology isn't available as yet. I guess it will be something that could be linked to the cruise control in the future. Who knows, maybe one day it will be compulsory!
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
Gus

Post by Gus »

The CX-5 can do this as part of the radar/adaptive cruise control, it isn’t perfect though. I don’t believe the new CX-3 has this iirc.
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
CX-5, Sport Nav+, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Sep 2018.
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

Oh dear Gus, that is really scary. Only two days ago I had to accelerate hard as a driver started to pull out when I was alongside him. If this system was operational he would have hit the back of my car. And only a couple of weeks back I had to do the same when a deer ran at me from the side. Like the auto lighting, I don't think I could ever use it. Some of this new technology is so dangerous.
Gus

Post by Gus »

I won’t tell you what else it can do, you’ll have palpitations :D :lol:
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
CX-5, Sport Nav+, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Sep 2018.
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

Gus wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:24 pm I won’t tell you what else it can do, you’ll have palpitations :D :lol:
:o Already there are too many built in so called 'safety features' that are dangerous and should be banned. I can't believe there are more to come. :shock:
Batcave

Post by Batcave »

Hi all,
Well - I don’t know how or what safety features this system is including. But if Mazda is having this feature in the new 6 model it will only be a matter of time before it will hit the rest of the Mazda models.
My only question was - can this be included into our current systems though an update to the software or would it need a totally new set of hardware?
ptirving

Post by ptirving »

Honda TSR can be set so you cant exceed the speed limit last read by the camera; however if you flatten the gas pedal, it will override.
Was GT Sport 2.0 Petrol Auto Meteor Grey 39mpg round the doors 46mpg on a run
Now 2019 Mazda 3 2.0 petrol auto Meteor Grey