1 Week - 450 miles

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
pjmd3163

Post by pjmd3163 »

Picked up the new car just over a week ago and done a variety of journeys. Here are the initial good, bad and ugly .....

Lots and lots of good. Good handling, quality of build, performance and overall driving experience. Love the High Beam Control on the country lanes. The infotainment is easy to use and the controls easy to master. Electronic handbreak is good but I love the auto hold ... great for stop start traffic. Lane Departure Warning and Blind Spot monitoring are new for me and I like them, maybe a bit too much.

A few bad .... had the Auto headlights and Smart Break Support warnings come on at the same time a couple of times (displayed for about 5 minutes each time). A bit of a shock on a new car but could have been the sensors (I think they use the same one on the windscreen). Cleaned what looked like a clean windscreen and no problems since! Had the initial smell of burning in the first few days every time the handbreak and auto hold were engaged. Lasted around a dozen cycles, smell is all gone now. The road noise on the motorway at higher speeds is quite loud. Steering wheel buttons are a bit too far from circumference of the wheel ... little hands, long reach for the thumb e.g. cancelling cruise control.

The ugly .... no idea why the boot has a false bottom! It is hiding all of 4 inches of space, what is the point? The front arm rest isn't adjustable so the amount you can use is dependent on the position of the seat (little legs, no armrest!). Nowehere to put a mobile phone and charge/view it.

To be honest the bad and ugly are minor .... overall I am well pleased with the car since I got it and it was worth the 5 month wait! The bonus, I no longer risk my life every time I join the M6 northbound at J28 on the up ramp. :shock:
Sports Nav + Black 150ps Petrol AWD Manual (Oct 2018)

HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

On a cold morning at 5am I often have the auto-headlights warning sign come on. It's condensation on the sensor. I tend to leave the windscreen demist on for at least 10 minutes, but sometimes still need to stop and restart the car for it to clear.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
switchback

Post by switchback »

pjmd3163 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:24 pm
The ugly .... no idea why the boot has a false bottom! It is hiding all of 4 inches of space, what is the point?
I use mine for storage of things like first aid kit, warning triangle, boot liner sheet, seat covers etc. Very useful as it leaves the upper level clear for everyday use. The simple solution if you don't like it is to remove it. It depends of whether you need an extra 4 inches or not :lol: .
2018 CX3+ Sport Nav 120 Petrol Manual. Machine Grey.
ptirving

Post by ptirving »

the warning light for the emergency brake assist happened to me last winter; definitely condensation, on the windscreen I think. Other oddity to look out for...again last winter in the snow M6 Hartside area, below freezing, the cruise control buttons started working in reverse and wouldn't cancel, although it did with braking. once down to nearer sealevel and warmer, it rectified. Been ok since.
Was GT Sport 2.0 Petrol Auto Meteor Grey 39mpg round the doors 46mpg on a run
Now 2019 Mazda 3 2.0 petrol auto Meteor Grey
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

All these potential sensor / camera failures -due to various weather conditions and perhaps some dirt on the windscreen - makes me think fully autonomous vehicles are many decades away until they've solved those problems.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

st3v3cx-3 wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:23 pm All these potential sensor / camera failures -due to various weather conditions and perhaps some dirt on the windscreen - makes me think fully autonomous vehicles are many decades away until they've solved those problems.
Completely agree with you on that Steve, I don't trust any of them!
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
pjmd3163

Post by pjmd3163 »

HouseSpider wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:20 am On a cold morning at 5am I often have the auto-headlights warning sign come on. It's condensation on the sensor. I tend to leave the windscreen demist on for at least 10 minutes, but sometimes still need to stop and restart the car for it to clear.
Thanks HouseSpider for the top tip .... I'll know what to do from now on!
Sports Nav + Black 150ps Petrol AWD Manual (Oct 2018)