cx3 break in period

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Jimm

Post by Jimm »

Hello everyone,
I have got my first car white cx3 yesterday :lol: so happy

After reading the owner manual, I'm not quite sure about the break in period. It says do not drive in a constant speed for a long period of time. My question is how long is a long period of time :?: I was on motor way for about one hour yesterday.

anchorman

Post by anchorman »

Welcome to the club.

You’ll see enough variation on a UK motorway to stay out of trouble. Don’t worry about it.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
Gus

Post by Gus »

I had a very interesting chat with a dealer today, different from the one I purchased from and he reckons that on the petrol model the mileage appears to go up after a 1000 miles, he thinks there is possibly a software algorithim that de tunes slightly during the running in period.
Not based on fact just his feeling.
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
CX-5, Sport Nav+, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Sep 2018.
anchorman

Post by anchorman »

Gus wrote:I had a very interesting chat with a dealer today, different from the one I purchased from and he reckons that on the petrol model the mileage appears to go up after a 1000 miles, he thinks there is possibly a software algorithim that de tunes slightly during the running in period.
Not based on fact just his feeling.
Hope so Gustav.
CX-5 Sportnav diesel auto. AWD
bloodline

Post by bloodline »

My mk4 MX-5 Sports Nav, definitely improved in performance and efficiency after around 600 miles. My guess is that the engine loosens up and lubricants permeate throughout the systems during the breakin period.
CX-3 Sport Nav Petrol Manual 120ps FWD Dynamic Blue, London England ;)
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

Can't comment on the fuel as I don't really take a lot of notice, but certainly the performance has improved. I'm enjoying driving it a lot more now.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
tyrfelin

Post by tyrfelin »

Constantly get 43+ mpg from 2.0 petrol including town and traffic delays
Sport Nav 2.0 Snowflake White
Gus

Post by Gus »

After 22k miles and a lot of service work on the air con I now regularly see 45+, it seemed to do better after the battery was disconnected for a couple of hours when they replaced the evaporator!
CX-3, Sport Nav, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather, Sep 2015 to Sep 2018.
CX-5, Sport Nav+, Auto, Petrol, Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Sep 2018.
Gordongilchrist

Post by Gordongilchrist »

There is no doubt there is a noticeable improvement after 1000 miles in MPG. first fill 39 mpg measured. Every fill after improved up to 2500 miles where it has stabilized at about 46 mpg. Overall average is 44 mpg. :D
2017 Mazda CX-3 sport nav 2WD Automatic 120 petrol in white :)