Yes! Auto closing mirrors at my 2016 CX-3

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
piekkok

Post by piekkok »

A few days ago i saw someone parking a brand new (2018-2019) model CX-3 in my street. In a beautiful dark grey color. I got jealous…
The driver stept out of the car and the door locked automaticcaly (just like my CX-3 does) when he walked away… But his door mirrors also closed automaticcaly when the second beep of the door lock sounded…. i got even more jealous…

Next day i called my dealer to ask if it was possible to build in the auto closing mirrors-thing, and guess what: It is possible!!
So next Friday i don't have to be jealous anymore, because my own door mirrors will automaticcaly close when i leave my car! I am happy! :D
I drive a CX-3, happily! :P

Habu

Post by Habu »

Thought still was standard? My wife’s 2017 model CX-3 does this when she walks away from the car. It autolocks and closes the mirrors. It needs enabling in the car’s settings.
Sport Nav in Dynamic Blue Mica / Petrol Manual / Stone Leather / Safety Pack
CX-30 GT Sport Tech auto in Soul Red from January 2020.
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Habu wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:56 pm Thought still was standard? My wife’s 2017 model CX-3 does this when she walks away from the car. It autolocks and closes the mirrors. It needs enabling in the car’s settings.
Your wife must have had the dealer add the option. As far as I know, it was always an extra dealer fit option until earlier this summer :-

https://www.mazda.co.uk/buying-owning/a ... 850V7650A/
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

I had it added as a free option with the arm rest after my dealer didn't rectify a slight paint problem efficiently.😎
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
Habu

Post by Habu »

Dealer didn’t add anything to my wife’s CX-3 other than the ultra bright LED bulb kit throughout. The auto lock and close mirrors function came with the car and can be turned on / off in the car’s main settings. She collected her car in January 2017.
Sport Nav in Dynamic Blue Mica / Petrol Manual / Stone Leather / Safety Pack
CX-30 GT Sport Tech auto in Soul Red from January 2020.
zoomzoom

Post by zoomzoom »

HI
Is this Mod a simple plug and play?Anyone carried out the Mod? Thanks
2015,UK. CX-3 2.O Sport Nav, AWD.Petrol,Manual.Soul Red.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

zoomzoom wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:16 am HI
Is this Mod a simple plug and play?..
It can be a DIY installation, but I wouldn't call it 'simple plug & play' for your model -- I've not done it, but you'll need the accessory kit C850V7650A and then remove the driver's door card and fit the kit, which also involves relocating wires in the existing wiring loom connectors.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
stevenoliver

Post by stevenoliver »

No mod... the auto closing mirrors upon auto lock is standard on the 2017 CX3...
BRY

Post by BRY »

My CX3 is a 2016 how do I activate it please.
Cx-3 SE-L Navigation Auto petrol eternal blue 2019
steve67

Post by steve67 »

if you have auto folding mirrors, it is done via the settings menu, if its not fitted as standard its a trip to Beechwood an parting with some cash.. :)
One of those annoying cyclist, who happens to also drive a CX3 SPORT NAV IN ETERNAL BLUE on the odd occasion ... The CX3 has been a pleasure to drive but it's time to move on. ...NOW DRIVING A MAZDA CX30 GT SPORT-JAN 2020