dash cams

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

The only.... ?worry?.... I have about a *GPS* dashcam is - if at all one does have an accident (God forbid!) and the police remove the card from your camera the data *could* be used against you, if say you were speeding etc?
Just a thought...
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...

Strangways

Post by Strangways »

AndyRen wrote: ↑Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:24 pm The only.... ?worry?.... I have about a *GPS* dashcam is - if at all one does have an accident (God forbid!) and the police remove the card from your camera the data *could* be used against you, if say you were speeding etc?
Just a thought...
They don't need to do that, they have the right to download the information directly from your car in the event of an accident. This is normally only carried out when somebody is injured, but not exclusively. The dash cam isn't required to find out how you were driving.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

OK thanks Strangeways..... not that I speed or anything.... no really.....πŸ€πŸ™„πŸ€”
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

AndyRen wrote: ↑Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:04 pm OK thanks Strangeways..... not that I speed or anything.... no really.....πŸ€πŸ™„πŸ€”
Me neither Andy :roll:
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
Beezageoff

Post by Beezageoff »

I bought a basic Nextbase dash cam from Halfords a couple of years ago The total price was Β£99 fully fitted. The price included a SD card, hard wiring kit and fitting. The only complaint I have, is that the same deal is now available at Β£89!!!!! :|
CX3 30/10/2018 Sat Nav+ 2litre Petrol Manual
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

Just upgraded my dash cam to a Nextbase 522GW and rear view camera. Quality is very good from both cameras and the rear does work well without the problem of wiring in.

The only negative are:
    The rear view camera adds width to the installation and it is quite tight getting it into the best position next to the sensor module behind the rear view mirror and in the wiper arc without inhibiting the passengers view too much.
      I had to upgrade my micro SD card from a Sandisk Extreme 32gb to an Extreme Plus 64gb due to the increased write speed necessary from having the dual cameras.

WP_20190616_09_10_31_Pro.jpg

Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.