CX-3 Sport Black+

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Just placed an order for a CX-3 Sport Black+ Auto in Soul Red Crystal for delivery December.

Had been looking at year old GT Sports but managed to get a good deal, so it wasn't really worth buying used. Its an interesting one as it is effectively a Sport Nav minus the Keyless Entry, LED headlights and Bose sound system. They then add the rear spoiler (from the GT Sport), black door mirrors, black leather interior, electric drivers seat and Soul Red Crystal paint (or Eternal Blue or Machine Grey).

The choice was really made for as as the dealer could get a Sport Black+, but not a Sport Nav+, by next month thus helping achieve his year end figures and giving us a better deal.

As this will be a low milage vehicle, with little night use, LED lights weren't really an issue. Keyless Entry we can live without as we had concerns about security (probably overstated). However I was disappointed to lose the Bose system although the dealer did mitigate this somewhat by throwing in Apple CarPlay as a sweetener. We were also quite keen on the leather having test driven a couple of GT Sports.

I'd be interested in peoples thoughts on this and, as an aside, if anyone has the non Bose audio system their thoughts on it.
CX-3 Sport Black+, Eternal Blue, Petrol, Auto

Strangways

Post by Strangways »

I was 70 this year Rufus and the one thing I have learnt is that you will never miss what you never had. Keyless entry is good, but definitely not essential. Bose sound system is great, but obviously only when using high quality mp3 or better. Of course my ears are getting old now. Bose doesn't improve the DAB radio, which in my opinion leaves a lot to be desired. The one thing that I couldn't do without is the LED lights. Obviously at my age the eyes aren't as sharp as they used to be and the reason I chopped in my Alfa for a Mazda was to get the LED lights. Hopefully your eyesight is better than a 70 year old and the standard lights will suffice.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Really useful comments thanks Srangways. I turned 60 this year so I do appreciate what you say regarding night driving. I don’t know much about LED headlights. I wonder if they can be retro fitted?
CX-3 Sport Black+, Eternal Blue, Petrol, Auto
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

Rufus wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:15 pm Really useful comments thanks Srangways. I turned 60 this year so I do appreciate what you say regarding night driving. I don’t know much about LED headlights. I wonder if they can be retro fitted?
I really don't know about that Rufus. If your old non LED headlights were okay for you then I'm sure these will be okay too. As I said the reason for my change from the Alfa was for the improved lighting. Of course the sensible thing for me to do would be to give up work, but I don't think I could afford both cars if I did that. There is no way I will give up the MX5.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

This won't help you but i won't compromise when buying a car...it has to be the spec that i want in the colour that i want even if it means waiting longer.
It took 12 months for me to find my vehicle as i wanted a pre reg Sport Nav in Dynamic Blue and then a 300 mile round trip to collect.
If you are spending so much money you will only regret it every day if it's not the right one.(trust me i have learn't from previous mistakes)

As to keyless entry i could live without and would prefer for security reasons not to have it.

Bose and LED i could not live without.

Enjoy

Mark