Soul Red Crystal

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

As per my previous post just ordered a Sport Black+ in Soul Red Crystal.

I've read quite a lot online about how soft the colour is and how easily it chips but this is on American sites . Thankfully having searched this site I can't really find any reference to problem. Is this just a case that the roads in America are in a worst state than our own or have any of you had issues with Soul Red?

I'd be interested to know.
CX-3 Sport Black+, Eternal Blue, Petrol, Auto

Strangways

Post by Strangways »

There are some adverse comments on this forum regarding the soft paintwork. I have two cars in Soul Red (not crystal) and the CX3 has picked up more chips than the MX5. The MX5 has Diamond Brite treatment and I think this must give it more protection. It is a problem with all water based paint compared with powder based paints. The two options are to buy some touch up paint or get it treated with something like Diamond Brite.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
steve67

Post by steve67 »

Forget diamond brite or similar..you can get alot more for your money. Take a look at
www.detailingworld.com
Loads of info on protection of the paint..

If you want to splash the cash . Have the car detailed and coated with something like gtechniq.

Here is my son's Ibiza coated in gtechniq 👍
https://photos.app.goo.gl/wowSdraEVVwUMo6b6

More info here on detailing..

http://www.atd-detailing.co.uk/
One of those annoying cyclist, who happens to also drive a CX3 SPORT NAV IN ETERNAL BLUE on the odd occasion ... The CX3 has been a pleasure to drive but it's time to move on. ...NOW DRIVING A MAZDA CX30 GT SPORT-JAN 2020
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

I understand from a friend of mine who is a paint sprayer that the Soul Red is a three paint finish and is a devil to match if a repaint is needed. He trained on Rolls Royce so has a good eye for finish.
Having said that it is a great colour.
Car sold - but still following Mazda.
steve67

Post by steve67 »

My Eternal Blue CX 3 is coasted in Zaino, pops the metallic really nice

its all about the prep and a bit of work, but once done stand back and enjoy.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/92VptLZgzhiwNfGr9

http://www.zainostore.com/beginners.html

One of those annoying cyclist, who happens to also drive a CX3 SPORT NAV IN ETERNAL BLUE on the odd occasion ... The CX3 has been a pleasure to drive but it's time to move on. ...NOW DRIVING A MAZDA CX30 GT SPORT-JAN 2020
Mazdaman72

Post by Mazdaman72 »

Mine also has chips mainly on bonnet in small groups which is not consistent with stone chips I am considering talking to Mazda uk about it but i probably have no hope of getting anywhere.
SOMERS

Post by SOMERS »

Yesterday morning I waxes my Soul red CX3 in an easier time than usual, the saving came from applying" less wax " than I have done in the past, all you need do it to lightly apply the wax in the first place ,
There is no need to apply globs of wax only to be faced with having to remove the stuff with a lot of rubbing, when 90 % dry, using the finger draw test, the secret here is to lightly polish the wax, not the car, your application sponge is also used as part of the polishing proceedure by spreading the wax evenly with the thinest layer as possible.

Practice on a smaller pannel first, also devide the roof an bonnet into quarter sections.

To take this one step further prior to waxing, your paintwork must be dry spotlessly , note : The front and rear of the car catch all the contaminents , soot and road grime ,also look out for water spots ,here is where you can use a damp chamois to remove the conaminants and also some of the old wax has to go.

The secret here is less in more, as a thick layer of wax leaves a cloudy effect.

Somers CX3 Soul red: 2018 Auto:
mum@mazda

Post by mum@mazda »

Mmmmm, lots of chips on my soul red cx3, not impressed with the durability of the paint at all. :o
CX-3, Sport Nav, Petrol, Soul Red Metallic, Half Stone Leather Aug 2015
SOMERS

Post by SOMERS »

I am not sure if Mazda puts out touch up paint, and even if the did, the colour may not match due to your vehicle model and age .

When is a lecture not a lecture ?
This is not intended as a lecture , however , I usually hang well back from the driver in front especially on gravel roads. that is no guarantee. I drove over a land mine today ( small piece of wood ).

So, you all have a few battle scars, your CX3 has crossed the threshold and is now a clasic . plan "B" you could fit the front of you vehicle with a custom made Bra, those were popular some years back on the MG's and that other red thing. oh ! The Austin Healey and Triumph TR 7 you know the one which used to flip over on corners.

Repairs.
Plan "C"
You could go down the the place where the ladies buy their cosmetics and purchase a small bottle of nail varnish at the very least you may be able prevent deteriation, only you know where the ding is ! The girls are now into all kinds of nail colours so your paint choice is virtually endless.
Plan "D"
Place a sticky pasty over the ding some thing like " Manchester is the hub of the Universe ". or " The water at Blackpool is not Black" !

Somers :::::::::::: Auto .Mazda CX3 soul red + i stop. "::::::::::::