Tec'

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Hah! I'm not the only one then :lol:

Don't get me wrong, I too embrace technology and like nothing more than a new gadget to play with, (dying to get my hands on that new G9 camera!) but one can get - shall we say - overwhelmed at times and finally lean back and go "Ahh S*d it" and let it wash over you, there's more to life etc etc...

I like you 'Handy Andy' have umpteen lines of data stored that are totally irrelevant now - I could tell you what day of the week a MK I or II Cortina's crossflow engine and head was cast by glancing at the block, or what position to exactly drop in the distributor so that the timing was almost spot on without adjustment..... And probably had the same tools in the boot at all times as yourself ;) In fact I still find it had to 'trust' a car on a long journey that it'll actually get there without having to pop the bonnet and perhaps file the contacts down on the voltage regulator that have welded themselves together again! Ahhh... The good (bad??!!??!) old days eh? :lol: :lol: :lol:

They *do* say it's the short term memory that goes first!! :o :shock:

I too will get me coat.....
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...

HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

I embrace all the tech on the car, trying to fine tune until it suits me. And if I'm not sure how something works or how to do something I persevere until I do.
It makes me wonder what the age demographic of CX-3 owners and users of this forum are. Is the CX-3 an "older"persons car? I'm 54 and think it's suitable for young & old, but seem to think most on this forum are of the older generation.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

HouseSpider .....you may have started a new thread defining an old persons car, I enjoy the new tech on modern cars it gives us something to fiddle with and moan about in our retirement, just a few more years and you can join us mate :lol:
However old peoples car CX3 no....Honda Jazz yes. :?:
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

happy to add mine.
67 and retiring at Christmas - driving a CX-3 (2017 model), Mini Cooper Countryman (2017 model), Nissan 370Z 40th anniversary (2010 model)
Car sold - but still following Mazda.
p6nsh

Post by p6nsh »

Also mine 74 , best car i have ever owned and I have had a few over the years.I usually change after 3 years but I'm keeping this one.
Machine Grey Sport Nav+ 150ps AWD Auto with safety Pack
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

I'm 70 now and intended it to be my last car. Had it two years and really enjoy driving it, but I have decided that I will exchange it for an auto with the new skyactiv-x engine when it comes out. That will then be my last car, probably. :?
I will be keeping the MX5 until I can't get in or out of it, so I will still have some gears to play with.
As far as the Tec is concerned most of it is unnecessary and things like auto on lights are downright dangerous.
I do like the rear view camera and the walkaway locking, but other than that I'm happy to drive as I have done for the last 54 years.

The reason a lot of older drivers have the CX3 is that they are too small for a family car and not as 'cool' as a hot hatch that the younger drivers like.
So probably more suited to the mature driver.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

I agree some Tec is good and for me the HUD is something my next car would have to have.(Mainy for the Sat Nav info)that's why i didn't upgrade to Android Auto as i would have lost this function using Waze.
switchback

Post by switchback »

zoylander wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:18 pm
When I want to drive for pleasure I take my 1970 Rover P5B Coupe. Comfortable, quiet and refined. Everything the CX-3 is not.
Why did you buy the CX3 if it's so bad?
2018 CX3+ Sport Nav 120 Petrol Manual. Machine Grey.
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

switchback wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:50 pm
zoylander wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:18 pm
When I want to drive for pleasure I take my 1970 Rover P5B Coupe. Comfortable, quiet and refined. Everything the CX-3 is not.
Why did you buy the CX3 if it's so bad?
Don't get him started...this has been discussed so many times i.e.why spend all that money and not do a proper test drive...sell the car and buy something you like BUT no he keeps banging on about it.
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

I agree with Strangeways regarding the apparent main age group of CX-3 ownership being in the 50yrs and above, mainly - too small for a family, the size of the boot space along with the slightly restrictive rear legroom?
It's no pocket rocket but if the rev are kept up its no slouch either.
Back to the Tec' subject, I remember laughing when a friend bought a car with reversing lights fitted... now I rely on the rear camera for tight spaces! :?

65 btw, with my second limo being an X reg Vauxhall Combi :roll:
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...