AIR FLOW & AIRCONDITIONING

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
SOMERS

Post by SOMERS »

Many years ago I was driving through Scotland in a rented Porche 944 and some thing did not smell right , I opened all the windows and turned up the air-condirioning up to full on.

As it turns out the manifold had a crack in it, causing a leak as you all know carbon monoxise is odder less and can kill , however the smell of the exhaust was a dead give away we were able to swap the car out .

From that day on I can not over stress the need for proper vehicle ventilation during winter and summer.

The CX3 center rotary switch (of the the three )relates to the Air flow system which performs two functions ,(1) air speed, and (2) a push center button to control outside air intake or cabin internal circulation,( the owners manual could be a little clearer to explain this ,) however take note ,when the switch light is on you have internal air circulation.

There are some winter warnings listed in the owners manual regarding "windscreen fogging" which I would encourage exploration with out delay.

Air-conditioning can be noisey if not set properly may be Mr. Strangeways or Mr AndyRen could throw some light on that , I think that function should be barely audible.

Hint : A damp Chamoise leather ( none better ) is ideal for cleaning and caring for glass inside and out.

Somers 2018 ~ CX3~ Soul red ~Auto.

Strangways

Post by Strangways »

It is not the air conditioning that makes the noise, it's the fan. Auto settings are fine for normal situations, but when you want to demist the windscreen the auto settings are overridden to allow dehumidified air to be blown across the windscreen and reduce the condensation. Once the screen is clear you can adjust the heater control which will reduce the fan speed as the temperature gets closer to the set point temperature you selected.
When the auto settings are used the fan will slow down or speed up in an attempt to reach the set point you have selected on the temperature dial.
When auto air distribution is set the airflow will be directed to the correct outlets. When on heating the majority of the air will come out at low level (hot air rises) and when in cooling the air will come out the upper air vents (cold air drops).
Hope that sums it up!
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
SOMERS

Post by SOMERS »

Mr Strangeways

Thank you for your post on Air - Conditioning which I have printed off and place in my personal owners binder for reference.

Somers 2018 CX3: Soul red: Auto