Benefit of contributing towards the warranty work cost?

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

I knew that if an item was repaired/replaced during a new car's 3 year warranty period then the replacement part was only covered until the period expired. i.e. if the part was replaced with only 3 months left of the period and then that period expired before that same part failed again, then there was no comeback on the manufacturer.

However, on another general car forum someone posted that if you make a contribution to the first warranty repair - it need only be as little as £1 - then you are legally entitled to the full 2 years parts and labour warranty or whatever applies to that particular brand. Another car owner replied to that post saying they paid 10% of a £200 odd repair cost in order to have a two year warranty on the part which was for a Mazda.

Might be worth bearing in mind if you are in the unfortunate position of requiring a warranty repair within the last year of the 3 year warranty period expiry date and thus get this longer period in case of a further repair problem. I'm not sure if this would apply to repairs done during an extended warranty period which is essentially an insurance policy.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016