Delay in Parts Supplies

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Standard 9 Man

Post by Standard 9 Man »

Hi, I'm new here but wondered if anyone else has experienced similar issues and if so what was the outcome.

So to begin I bought my CX3 new in October 2017 and all was good until 4th September this year when I had a collision with a Mercedes whilst negotiating a badly obstructed junction.

I chose to have my car taken to my local Mazda approved repairer rather than my insurers approved one but as it turns out that is probably immaterial.

On 8th September the bodyshop inspected the CX3 and submitted photographs and an estimate to my insurers which was approved on 17th. On the 18th the bodyshop ordered the required parts from Mazda UK and within a few days all arrived appart from a Chassis Leg which was on "back order".

Initially there was no ETA for the part but I wasn't that concerned as the good weather ment that my Triumph Vitesse was gettinr used anyway but when the ETA became November 19th I was less than pleased and when 19th November arrived and ETA became 3 or 4 week more I am now really p****d!

I have to say that Norton Way Bodyshop have been very good, chasing the parts as much as they can and giving me a courtesy car although theu don't have to.

I'm now in contact with Mazda UK and waiting to see what they have to say but I would be interested in any similar experiences.

SOMERS

Post by SOMERS »

Your Mazda dealer , if he is worth his salt .

Should have offered you a" loaner car" . Why should you have to ride your motorcycle .

You are suporting or enabling their business .
Did the make phone calls to other Mazda dealers to trace your part .
Some times dealers will trade new cars with one another you want Soul red they say" two days."
Loaner cars are those cars " when the ash trays are full "which a dealer will come across when people want to purchase a new car from them also dealers can get cars from insurance companies.
Plan "B" some dealers ? Do they strip parts from wrecks ?

Soul red CX3 Soul red .Auto. GT. Complete with steam iron and ironing board. Is it a 2+2 ?
Standard 9 Man

Post by Standard 9 Man »

First off, a Triumph Vitesse is a 1960s/70s Supercar not a Motorcycle. Wish I was still able to ride a Bonneville.
Now the good news, although there is a delay in supply of a particular part which is not available in the UK requiring it to come from Japan where apparently they haven't heard of DHL or UPS, Mazda UK have accepted that the delay is not acceptable and are now providing a Hire Car of suitable size and auto trans until the CX3 is repaired and are doing everything they can to get the part here asap.
Hopefully end of issue
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

Triumph Vitesse and Supercar are not something i have heard of in the same sentence. :D

Glad you are sorted.
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Standard 9 Man wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:55 pm First off, a Triumph Vitesse is a 1960s/70s Supercar not a Motorcycle. Wish I was still able to ride a Bonneville.
Now the good news, although there is a delay in supply of a particular part which is not available in the UK requiring it to come from Japan where apparently they haven't heard of DHL or UPS, Mazda UK have accepted that the delay is not acceptable and are now providing a Hire Car of suitable size and auto trans until the CX3 is repaired and are doing everything they can to get the part here asap.
Hopefully end of issue
Seems strange there's should have been such a delay. I wonder if Mazda's European Parts distribution place in Belgium is no more? It is in addition to their UK Parts warehouse at Crick in Northants which according to a Mazda web page from 2016 supposedly stocks 15,000 parts. Also it (Belgium) "stores £50 million worth of stock for 21 countries in Europe. That’s 80,000 part numbers and in total 250,000 different components."

http://www.insidemazda.co.uk/2016/09/16 ... hin-hours/

Hope you are back on the road in your car asap.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
SuperSmooth

Post by SuperSmooth »

Hope you get your parts Standard 9 Man. I' m located in the US and luckily we don't have any delay issues that I'm aware of . I recently placed an order for genuine OEM Mazda parts on https://www.mazdapartsprime.com/ and my order was delivered fast. You can try ordering from them and have your order shipped to your freight forwarder if need be.