How can I tell if I've got the safety pack fitted?

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
TCVBLADE

Post by TCVBLADE »

Hello,

I've a Sports Nav 66 plate, I was wondering what are the features of the full safety pack and do I have it? I do have the blind spot warning lights in the top right of my wing mirrors, also the warning if you veer on to and linger on the white lines.

Also the full beam symbol in yellow with a 'A' in the centre on the dash, does that mean I have Adaptive LED Headlamps (ALH)?

Cheers
CX-3, Sport Nav, 2.0l, Petrol, 66 plate.

Habu

Post by Habu »

BSM is part of the Safety Pack together with RCTA, active rear city brake, driver attention alert plus the awesome lights. I’m not aware of BSM being fitted in isolation of the Safety Pack.

Don’t know what the A is though as my wife’s car has the SP and I don’t recall an A.
Sport Nav in Dynamic Blue Mica / Petrol Manual / Stone Leather / Safety Pack
CX-30 GT Sport Tech auto in Soul Red from January 2020.
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

TCVBLADE wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:10 am Hello,

I've a Sports Nav 66 plate, I was wondering what are the features of the full safety pack and do I have it? I do have the blind spot warning lights in the top right of my wing mirrors, also the warning if you veer on to and linger on the white lines.

Also the full beam symbol in yellow with a 'A' in the centre on the dash, does that mean I have Adaptive LED Headlamps (ALH)?

Cheers
It sounds like you have the Safety Pack. It consists of the blind spot warning lights which you can configure in the MZD-Connect. I have mine set on "adaptive". You also get the rear monitors for cars ands pedestrians when reversing. The full beam A means you have full beam assist - leave it on full beam and it will dip automatically when a car approaches or when following a car. It's not foolproof but still very good. If you go out at night you'll be able to tell if you have the adaptive headlights if they move when you are turn a corner - amount they move is dependent on both speed and turning input so you won't see it if you are stationary.

One thing that concerns me. If the full beam symbol with the A in it is yellow it means there is a fault and needs resetting. It should be green. I sometimes have the fault on cold mornings when there is condensation on ther camera lens. You need to make sure the window is completely demisted before turning on the auto headlights otherwise the fault will not clear until you stop the car & engine and restart.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Cheers
From Oct2015 to Oct2016, the Safety Pack available on the Sport Nav model only includes Blind Spot Monitoring, Rear Traffic Crossing Alert (when your car is reversing it detects a moving car approaching from either side using the Blind Sport Monitoring radars) and High Beam Control (when the light switch is set to Auto and the lights arm has been pushed back to the usual high beam setting, the lights will switch to high beam from dipped beam whilst there is no approaching car within the detection range).

From Oct 2016 it also included Active Driving Display (the plastic HUD screen) which previously was standard on the Sport Nav model. Sometime later in 2017/2018 other features were added to the pack.

So if you've got Blind Sport Monitoring you've got the full Safety Pack option being available at that time.

The Lane Departure Warning system was standard on both the SE-L and Sport Nav models in Oct 2016.

The Adaptive Front Lighting System was standard on the Sport Nav model only at that same time and still is now. Mazda say "AFS optimizes distribution of light from the headlights according to driving circumstances. Depending on vehicle speed and steering input, the system points the low-beams headlights in the direction the driver intends to travel."

I think that High Beam Control has now been renamed by Mazda as Adaptive LED Headlights because the High Beam Control wording in the Safety Pack has now gone missing. So I'm fairly sure you do have Adaptive LED Headlights, formerly called High Beam Control if I'm right. Confusing eh. It would be far easier if Mazda didn't use Adaptive for both AFS and ALH!
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
TCVBLADE

Post by TCVBLADE »

st3v3cx-3 wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:07 pm

Cheers
From Oct2015 to Oct2016, the Safety Pack available on the Sport Nav model only includes Blind Spot Monitoring, Rear Traffic Crossing Alert (when your car is reversing it detects a moving car approaching from either side using the Blind Sport Monitoring radars) and High Beam Control (when the light switch is set to Auto and the lights arm has been pushed back to the usual high beam setting, the lights will switch to high beam from dipped beam whilst there is no approaching car within the detection range).

From Oct 2016 it also included Active Driving Display (the plastic HUD screen) which previously was standard on the Sport Nav model. Sometime later in 2017/2018 other features were added to the pack.

So if you've got Blind Sport Monitoring you've got the full Safety Pack option being available at that time.

The Lane Departure Warning system was standard on both the SE-L and Sport Nav models in Oct 2016.

The Adaptive Front Lighting System was standard on the Sport Nav model only at that same time and still is now. Mazda say "AFS optimizes distribution of light from the headlights according to driving circumstances. Depending on vehicle speed and steering input, the system points the low-beams headlights in the direction the driver intends to travel."

I think that High Beam Control has now been renamed by Mazda as Adaptive LED Headlights because the High Beam Control wording in the Safety Pack has now gone missing. So I'm fairly sure you do have Adaptive LED Headlights, formerly called High Beam Control if I'm right. Confusing eh. It would be far easier if Mazda didn't use Adaptive for both AFS and ALH!
Thanks for the reply, that has really helped to clear things up for me! As sometimes you have to be wary what you read on the internet as there seems to be variants to the US models.
CX-3, Sport Nav, 2.0l, Petrol, 66 plate.