Paint and Rust

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
stew.pan

Post by stew.pan »

Hi chaps & Lasses,
My CX-3 had loads of chips on the bonnet, a real let down, never had this issue on any other car in the last 45 years!
I backed my car into a post at a lot less than walking speed and damaged the bumper and a reversing sensor. I went through Mazda accident to have mazda parts fitted at their approved repairers, It came back 2 or 3 shades darker. It was backed up to a wall at the time and looked ok. I went back and they agreed it was "a touch" darker. They would phone me during the week to book it in. They (perrys burnley) never phoned me back so i was on my way back when i called at Perrys Preston to see about my steering wheel claim which was turned down. (see my other posts.) I ordered a CX-5 the next day so the CX-3 was traded in. I was a bit miffed about the poor paint match on the bumper and the steering wheel claim so i waited untill i collected my new car and phoned Mazda customer care and told the lass how i felt let down but it was now their (perrys) problem as i had just collected my New car. The lass looked on her customer data base and said that she would like to offer me a voucher for a free of charge first service on the CX-5 which i naturally accepted. So it pays to complain sometimes.

zoylander

Post by zoylander »

switchback wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:54 pm The water based paints used on cars nowadays is not as durable as the solvent based paints. It's not just a Mazda issue. I wonder is the new Soul Red is any better than the old one?
I see the difference between modern water based paint and traditional cellulose every time I go into my garage, where my CX-3 stands next to my 1970 Rover 3.5 Litre Coupe. The Rover was restored at huge expense almost 30 years ago, but it's Arden Green paintwork still shines with a deep lustre that few modern finishes can match.
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.
Trewithy

Post by Trewithy »

stew.pan
Sorry to hear about the miss-match with your paint job. I was wondering what colour was your CX-3?
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

I have just ordered a replacement cx3 auto in snowflake white to replace my manual,on one of the order documents was the question is it Soul Red yes or no....I asked the salesman what that was about, he said that if it was Soul Red he had to point out that their paintshop cannnot guarantee a perfect match, should work be required and i would obviously have to agree that on the terms of the sale.
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019