Auto Box

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Due to an issue with my left leg which has made operating the clutch problematic, I have traded my Cx3 manual which I think is a brilliant car for a like for like but with an autobox.,delivery Feb.
The changes to the interior seem to be an improvement although the verdict is still out on the electric handbrake...and I prefer the look of the original diamond cut alloys, and not sure about the polished plastic blackout panels which shows scratches and swirls more than the originals.
That said how do other members find the autobox on the CX, the reviews seem positive...I have driven autos before but never owned one.
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019

st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

The auto in my opinion is excellent. Changes are extremely smooth. I rarely use the paddles but when I have they toggle the gears up and down very quickly. I've had no regrets about paying extra for the auto version. It suits the often busy roadways in my part of the UK. If I lived in the north of Scotland and had a MX-5, I would have bought a manual :)
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
Stewy

Post by Stewy »

Hi Dave

I’ve had a Cx3 1.5D Sport Nav AWD auto for 3 years ...... about to trade in for today’s petrol equivalent....6 speed auto box again !

I find the gearbox really nice . smooth predictable and very easy to drive .I never drive really quickly so hardly ever used the sport mode ! I like to watch my MPG !

I’ve had an Audi with a DSG gearbox but found it juddered around town and in slow moving traffic .... stopped me from buying another .I don’t have that issue with the Mazda - it’s smooth and shifts easily without fuss or hesitation.I believe the mazda box is quite robust as well ... don’t hear people moaning about them.

Hope that helps .... Stew
On second CX3 ..... Black CX3 2.0 150 Sport Nav + Auto AWD... loving it ! 😍
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Thanks guys yes looking forward to delivery
Stewy

Post by Stewy »

Dave ........ did you use local dealer ?
I too live in Bournemouth .....
Stew
On second CX3 ..... Black CX3 2.0 150 Sport Nav + Auto AWD... loving it ! 😍
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Yes Magna Mazda, couldn't match a car wow offer I had from Hendy's Eastleigh, but I was happy enough, although you always walk away wondering if you could have done better.
Delivery times are around 10 to sixteen weeks, unless they have the model in the UK that you want. Mine had to be a factory order so Feb.
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

Simply brilliant. I have been driving autos for the last three decades and would not go back to manual for all the tea in China.
It really is an excellent box. You wont be disappointed.
Car sold - but still following Mazda.
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

The only negatives I find are:
1. Delay in changing gear when using the paddles (0.5 second);
2. Sometimes down changes too many gears when on an incline and in cruise control, or when you put your foot down slightly too much.
Apart from that a joy to own.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
p6nsh

Post by p6nsh »

I too have had a 2.0 sport nav auto for over 3 years the gear box is very smooth hence have ordered a sport nav 150 awd auto to replace it.Not much choice of proper torque conv auto gearboxes out there. Again new model had to be factory ordered expected Feb
Machine Grey Sport Nav+ 150ps AWD Auto with safety Pack
zoylander

Post by zoylander »

When I bought my CX-3 in 2016, the choice of petrol 2WD crossovers with a torque converter transmission was very limited, and still is.
The Mazda box is the best automatic I have ever used, and I have driven many, including CVT's and semi-automatics. I have not heard of a single mechanical failure, unlike VAG's DSG and Ford's Powershift systems.
I have never found it necessary or desirable to do anything but leave it in "Drive". It copes well in all situations without interference from me.
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.