ACTIVE ADAPTIVE SHIFT ( AAS)

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
SOMERS

Post by SOMERS »

" ACTIVE ADAPTIVE SHIFT ( AAS ) automaticaly controls the transaxle shift points to best suite the road conditions and driver imput. "

To full understand the AAS system go to page 4-46

There is another feature built into the CX3 gear box where , if you choose to manualy engage a higher gear relative to the the ability of engine to perform in that gear, the gearbox will not shift to that gear .

AUTOMATIC TRANSAXLE.
If you have not already done so ,and if you would like to experiance the best driving experiance from you car, may I recommend that time be allocated to pages 4 -43 to 4-53 in the owners manual.

There are some warnings.

2018 CX3 Soul red AUTO

zoylander

Post by zoylander »

I am happy to leave the transmission in Drive and let it decide what gear is most suitable. It copes well without any interference from me.
Mazda has designed one of the best automatic gearboxes on the market. Why try to override it?
If I wanted to select gears manually I would have bought a manual, not an automatic.
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

I agree. I would only ever use the "flappy paddles" if I needed extra breaking, say down Porlock Hill, and didn't want to sit on the brakes. Otherwise - leave well alone.
Car sold - but still following Mazda.