i stop start

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Beezageoff

Post by Beezageoff »

I've had my new CX3 now for a few weeks. Everything's fine, but I don't understand why the i stop/start doesn't always turn the engine off when the car is at a stand still! For example; I'll pull up at the lights, put the handbrake on and put the car into neutral. Sometimes the engine switches off and sometimes it doesn't. Have I got a problem ,or is it me :?:
CX3 30/10/2018 Sat Nav+ 2litre Petrol Manual

jtonline

Post by jtonline »

It's unlikely you have a problem, it's just that i-stop is a complex system and there are a lot of conditions that have to be met before it will stop the engine (outside temperature, battery charge, steering wheel position, brake pedal pressure, ventilation settings, etc., etc, will all have an influence).

Read the section that starts on page 4-13 of the Owner's Manual to understand it better. There are also quite a few existing posts on the subject in these forums.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
steve67

Post by steve67 »

It all depends on. Temperature outside. What settings the heating control's are on etc. .if AC is on.. again it will not activate...
One of those annoying cyclist, who happens to also drive a CX3 SPORT NAV IN ETERNAL BLUE on the odd occasion ... The CX3 has been a pleasure to drive but it's time to move on. ...NOW DRIVING A MAZDA CX30 GT SPORT-JAN 2020
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

It is a shame the istop can't be switched off all the time as it's a complete waste of time just to comply with some made up EU regs regarding cooking the MPG figures.

I leave the fan setting on the first position on mine so the istop never comes into play.
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

Beezageoff wrote: ↑Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:48 pm I've had my new CX3 now for a few weeks. Everything's fine, but I don't understand why the i stop/start doesn't always turn the engine off when the car is at a stand still! For example; I'll pull up at the lights, put the handbrake on and put the car into neutral. Sometimes the engine switches off and sometimes it doesn't. Have I got a problem ,or is it me :?:
As jtonline states, there are numerous conditions as outlined in the Owner's Manual which determine if the i-Stop will function. In the recent alternating mild and cold weather conditions, one aspect that affects the i-Stop working is the charge condition of the battery. I'm assuming that after you say you put the car into neutral you are always releasing the clutch pedal?
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
Greenman

Post by Greenman »

MJC1216 wrote: ↑Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:55 am It is a shame the istop can't be switched off all the time as it's a complete waste of time just to comply with some made up EU regs regarding cooking the MPG figures.

I leave the fan setting on the first position on mine so the istop never comes into play.
you would be paying a far higher VED rate if that was the case..
SoonerV8

Post by SoonerV8 »

"you would be paying a far higher VED rate if that was the case".
Just demonstrates what a nonsense it it, as MJC1216 said, if you can render it non functioning, what's the point, but to get it through some non-realistic test.
Petrol Sport Nav AWD 2018 UK Midlands.
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

There is another way of looking at stop start other than falsifying fuel savings. What about in city traffic with lots of pedestrians and houses close to the traffic jams, surely it makes the environment cleaner and safer for those people if our cars are not pumping out emissions even for a short while whilst sitting stationary in traffic, must go just off to hug a tree or two πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‚
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Yes, I think it's more to do with environmental issues rather than fuel saving...... Move round that tree a bit Dave...
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
Dogfuzz

Post by Dogfuzz »

I've had lots of useful answers re iStop from this site. It has provided my wife and I with yards of endless conversation over the last few months. "Did Istop work today" "no-but I think it did once" etc etc. Basically--there's nothing wrong with your car. Before you wade through the manual-my findings and experiences are as follows.
1) It won't work if the engine is not properly warmed up
2) It won't work with the fan on
3) It won't work on a cold day
4) It won't work when you have the clutch depressed whilst stationary.
Apart from that--and provided iStop is in a good mood--it will not let you down.
CX-3 SPORT NAV ,5 DOOR HATCHBACK,1998CC,PETROL-2018