Map update - new one overdue now?

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
SoonerV8

Post by SoonerV8 »

My location now added to signature!!
Petrol Sport Nav AWD 2018 UK Midlands.

HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

SoonerV8

Ref your comment :-

"The Mazda site was showing that there was an available update dated Dec 2018, which I have downloaded"

I'm afraid to say this is incorrect as far as Europe is concerned as the latest map update for Europe is still May 2018 :evil: :( This is shown on the Europe version of Mazda Connect / Infotainment :-

http://infotainment.mazdahandsfree.com/ ... uage=en-EU

The confusion can sometimes arise when trying to get to the navigation stuff via the website if you are prompted for language and don't change the default language in the drop down box from US-English to UK-English.

So I'm sure your SD Card will only have May2018 map data and thus currently any information / corrections you might have fed through to Here maps since that date will definitely be missing :(
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
hsdejong

Post by hsdejong »

Thanks !
Remember that this forum is not only read in the UK, but also in the rest of the world. And I had no idea where "New Forest" was, till I had Googled it. But I have to admit that many people also have no idea where to locate The Netherlands on the map ;-)

st3v3cx-3 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:23 pm I'm afraid to say this is incorrect as far as Europe is concerned as the latest map update for Europe is still May 2018 :evil: :( This is shown on the Europe version of Mazda Connect / Infotainment :-
I like the way the Mazda navigation system is integrated in the car, but it's a big shame that Mazda will not provide a MINIMUM of two updated maps a year for our navigation system.
  • Mazda CX-5 2023 Exclusive-Line (Black Comfort Pack) Petrol FWD Manual Soul Red Crystal Metallic
SoonerV8

Post by SoonerV8 »

After my Mazda Dec 2018 update last Friday, I went out this morning to check some of the deficiencies on my Sat Nav, still evident after the May update. SUCCESS!! The out of date speed limits have been up-dated to reflect those on the Here web site. So check the site!
Another interesting point is that on the HERE site, MAZDA does not appear on their list of options for up-dates, but that doesn't exclude you from suggesting alterations/additions to their maps.
In addition after my enquiries to HERE technologies about the complete absence of some addresses, including my own, I received the following E-mail this morning;
Thank you for inquiring about HERE Technologies.
According to the below link, our website (database and routeplanner) does know your address and house number, (And it does too!!!)
We do not know why Mazda would not carry the same information in their navigation map version.

The plot thickens.
Petrol Sport Nav AWD 2018 UK Midlands.
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

hsdejong wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:09 am
st3v3cx-3 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:23 pm I'm afraid to say this is incorrect as far as Europe is concerned as the latest map update for Europe is still May 2018 :evil: :( This is shown on the Europe version of Mazda Connect / Infotainment :-
I like the way the Mazda navigation system is integrated in the car, but it's a big shame that Mazda will not provide a MINIMUM of two updated maps a year for our navigation system.
As you are probably aware, the Mazda Europe Navigation update page states "maximum 2 updates per year" which can be read as 0, 1 or 2 !!!
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
hsdejong

Post by hsdejong »

st3v3cx-3 wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:57 pm As you are probably aware, the Mazda Europe Navigation update page states "maximum 2 updates per year" which can be read as 0, 1 or 2 !!!
Yes I know. That's why I wrote the word MINIMUM in capitals.
  • Mazda CX-5 2023 Exclusive-Line (Black Comfort Pack) Petrol FWD Manual Soul Red Crystal Metallic
BWJ

Post by BWJ »

New map for Europe is now ready in toolbox.
CX3 2.0, Aut. Nav. Optimum SRC. dec. 2019.
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

BWJ wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:41 am New map for Europe is now ready in toolbox.
Thanks now downloading.
Turbo

Post by Turbo »

January 2019 downloaded fine
2019 CX-3, 2.0 Sport Nav+, Soul Red, Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Petrol, Manual.