Map update - new one overdue now?

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

By my reckoning it's now over 7 months since the last EU update in May 2018. Checking the website it is interesting that what back in 2016 was stated as 3 updates a year and last year was amended to state upto 2 updates a year, now merely states that Mazda will provide free European map updates for 3 years commencing when the vehicle has travelled 63 miles (100km) i.e. no frequency of updates is specified during that period.

Once my 3 years of free updates is reached, I'll definitely not be paying for updates at the cost and lethargic frequency that Mazda or their map providers make updates available. The website says a new 3 yr subscription costs 183.50 Euro and states it is for a maximum of 2 updates per year. That phrase can be interpreted as either 0, 1 or 2 updates! Pitiful. Putting aside the quality of the map software itself, no wonder many are now using free / cheap map apps on their smartphone.

I'm going to e-mail Mazda Customer Services UK asking why there is an apparent delay in the update and will add to this thread with any useful reply I receive. Not holding out much hope though.

Note: According to the US Mazda Connect site "A NEW MAP UPDATE WAS MADE AVAILABLE IN DECEMBER, 2018." So yet again we loose out to our overseas cousins :(
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016

SoonerV8

Post by SoonerV8 »

Hear, hear. Mine seems woefully out of date. I've had the latest update, but there are 20 year old roads, estates and properties totally absent from the Here mapping.
Petrol Sport Nav AWD 2018 UK Midlands.
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

I've had a "reply" from Mazda Handsfree Support EU who'd been passed my query from Mazda Customer Services UK. As anticipated, it was effectively worthless as they said "Unfortunately, there is no information regarding the next map update." Their only suggestion was "In this case, we can only recommend you check again in the next week to see if Toolbox is offering you a new update." No answer as to why the pitiful frequency of updates now :(

Regarding the USA map update, their answer was "The USA website, is a different service and has a different provider; for this reason, their map care material is not compatible with the European system." As far as I know the USA map data is supplied by HERE Maps just as is that for the EU. So I'm just left confused.
steve67

Post by steve67 »

is there method in there madness?......a ploy to get people to upgrade to Android Auto/carplay....
One of those annoying cyclist, who happens to also drive a CX3 SPORT NAV IN ETERNAL BLUE on the odd occasion ... The CX3 has been a pleasure to drive but it's time to move on. ...NOW DRIVING A MAZDA CX30 GT SPORT-JAN 2020
SoonerV8

Post by SoonerV8 »

I've just been nagging Here about updates AND map editing.
Editing takes a lot of working out but I think I managed a couple of additions, I THINK!!!!!.
It was also significant that some of the information, speed limits and the existence of roads and addresses were on the Here mapping but not on my Sat Nav.
The Mazda site was showing that there was an available update dated Dec 2018, which I have downloaded.
So we'll see what appears when i put the card back in the car!!
Petrol Sport Nav AWD 2018 UK Midlands.
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

SoonerV8 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:37 pm I've just been nagging Here about updates AND map editing.
Editing takes a lot of working out but I think I managed a couple of additions, I THINK!!!!!.
It was also significant that some of the information, speed limits and the existence of roads and addresses were on the Here mapping but not on my Sat Nav.
The Mazda site was showing that there was an available update dated Dec 2018, which I have downloaded.
Interesting. I had checked for the new update situation just after lunch today but there was nothing new :( I must just have missed it grrrr. Will try over the weekend or early next week
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

SoonerV8 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:37 pm I've just been nagging Here about updates AND map editing.
SoonerV8 - where are you located? USA or Canada? Reason I ask is as far as I can tell from the Europe Infotainment page the latest (!) update available is May 2018. The USA site shows December 2018 as the latest update available. I have retried Mazda Toolbox for Europe again today and it still says the May2018 version on my SD card is the latest version.

p.s. It would help all forum members when reading your posts if you did add an approximate location to your username so queries such as mine above weren't necessary. Please check here how to do it :-

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=808

Thanks
Last edited by st3v3cx-3 on Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

Better still, add your location to your signature.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
hsdejong

Post by hsdejong »

HouseSpider wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:39 pm Better still, add your location to your signature.
In which part of the world do we find "New Forest"?
  • Mazda CX-5 2023 Exclusive-Line (Black Comfort Pack) Petrol FWD Manual Soul Red Crystal Metallic
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

hsdejong wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:38 am
HouseSpider wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:39 pm Better still, add your location to your signature.
In which part of the world do we find "New Forest"?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

But to be fair, it IS a National Park in South England :D
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...