Map update - new one overdue now?

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

BWJ wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:41 am New map for Europe is now ready in toolbox.
Many thanks for that notification. I carried out the update on mine today with these points to note :-

1) The update process doesn't first prompt you to take a backup. It wasn't a problem as I always carry out the backup process after each upgrade, but might be worth doing it first if you haven't done it previously. It only takes seconds so I assume it is just recording some detail from your SD card on their database.

2) My SD card didn't have enough space to do a full install - it was a 2016 card of only 8GB. The install process now prompts you to select a region - either Europe or Russia and associated countries - with Europe pre-selected.

3) I did notice that under the Settings - > Manage card (?) option there is now an option to move maps to a new SD card. I don't remember this being there before and possibly it has been added to allow a user who buys a larger capacity SD card to utilise it to hold all the map data without the region selection being necessary?

Anyway, I managed to update my card with the Europe region, taking as usual the very slow 2 hour time despite my fast broadband connection speed etc. It will be my last update before my 3 year free sub ends.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016

Greenman

Post by Greenman »

Re the larger map data.
Has anyone asked Mazda for a larger SD card?

Or can i use any new SD card?
Turbo

Post by Turbo »

Greenman wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:59 pm
Or can i use any new SD card?
Not sure, I copied the origional Mazda SD card so as to keep my origional safe but the satnav would not recognise it.
2019 CX-3, 2.0 Sport Nav+, Soul Red, Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Petrol, Manual.
BWJ

Post by BWJ »

In Toolbox there is a option to copy the original SD card, to a new and bigger one.
CX3 2.0, Aut. Nav. Optimum SRC. dec. 2019.
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

I suspect it will be up to an owner to buy a larger capacity SD card if they want it to hold the full set of European maps in our case, using the new option to first move the existing map data from the old to new card. You can still fit Europe excluding Russia and associated countries (not sure if that was the exact description or what countries that includes) onto the 8GB SD card supplied with cars from the first release back in 2015, by choosing the region as I described before in this thread.

Edit 22-02-19: A new update Feb2019 has just been released. It no longer asks about region - for further information, see my post on the new thread viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1794&p=13250#p13249
Last edited by st3v3cx-3 on Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
Mazdaman72

Post by Mazdaman72 »

I have just updated mine and toolbox gave me the option to delete old maps so now have 6000 approx used and 7000 approx available, hope this helps.
Paul97

Post by Paul97 »

I have just tried to download the Mazda Toolbox program but won't run as windows is saying that it has prevented this from running for my protection? can anyone please help.

Thanks
2017 SE-L-NAV ETERNAL BLUE
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Paul97 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:08 am I have just tried to download the Mazda Toolbox program but won't run as windows is saying that it has prevented this from running for my protection? can anyone please help.

Thanks
Sounds like your virus protection or Firewall is blocking Toolbox from running - probably a setting in one of them to enable certain programs to be ignored and run properly.
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
Paul97

Post by Paul97 »

Thanks AndyRen, will look at my antizirus.
2017 SE-L-NAV ETERNAL BLUE
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

AndyRen wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:46 am
Paul97 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:08 am I have just tried to download the Mazda Toolbox program but won't run as windows is saying that it has prevented this from running for my protection? can anyone please help.

Thanks
Sounds like your virus protection or Firewall is blocking Toolbox from running - probably a setting in one of them to enable certain programs to be ignored and run properly.
I read someone else reported a similar issue in the CX-5 forums, but the explanation of the issue there and here is too vague.

What is the actual error message (a screenshot would be good)?

It may be down to built-in Windows Defender SmartScreen - see How to fix app that has been blocked

or if it's not downloading it could be the SmartScreen Filter in Edge - see How to download blocked files
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd