TPMS

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Mazzy

Post by Mazzy »

Yesterday of all days, we found our car with a flat on the front nearside. Further investigation revealed we had a nail in the tyre. No warning was flagged up on the TPMS - surely this cannot be right?
Incidentally, getting a new 215/50 R18 this morning has proved difficult. We have had to settle for ordering one as we cant find anyone with one in stock (we have tried a dozen places).
2015 soul red CX3, sport nav auto petrol

santa

Post by santa »

It should have flashed a warning, mine did last spring, when I had a slow puncture (also a nail in the tire).
Did you notice the flat before driving of or was it while driving?
Mazda CX-30 2.0 150HP Aut. Cosmo w. Tech Pack in Arctic White, 2023.
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

Mazzy wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:07 am Yesterday of all days, we found our car with a flat on the front nearside. Further investigation revealed we had a nail in the tyre. No warning was flagged up on the TPMS - surely this cannot be right?
Incidentally, getting a new 215/50 R18 this morning has proved difficult. We have had to settle for ordering one as we cant find anyone with one in stock (we have tried a dozen places).
I have a Toyo that has only done 6000 miles, but you would have to collect from Edenbridge. £50 if you're interested.
I was keeping it as a spare. I replaced both front tyres with Falken after I had a puncture.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

I understand the older type of TPMS relies on variations in rotation speed between each of the tyres caused by a reduction in diameter. If the tyre went down whilst you're not driving there is no metric for comparison.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
Mazzy

Post by Mazzy »

It was noticed after setting off.
Thanks Strangeways; now sorted.
2015 soul red CX3, sport nav auto petrol