horn

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Turbo

Post by Turbo »

Brum1955 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:40 pm Unfortunately MX3 are out of stock at the moment.
I wouldn't chance one off eBay, I once bought one and it was a Chinese fake, only knew because I had one to compare it to, try another reputable dealer.
2019 CX-3, 2.0 Sport Nav+, Soul Red, Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Petrol, Manual.

steve67

Post by steve67 »

One of those annoying cyclist, who happens to also drive a CX3 SPORT NAV IN ETERNAL BLUE on the odd occasion ... The CX3 has been a pleasure to drive but it's time to move on. ...NOW DRIVING A MAZDA CX30 GT SPORT-JAN 2020
RobRoy594

Post by RobRoy594 »

Just Fitted a Stebel Air Horn ... What a Difference. Finally a real Horn.
The only issue I had was getting the Connector off the old horn. I could not release it at all. In my attempts I finally pulled the wire off!!
Now will need to remove front Grill for better access. Don't think its too bad to do . Appreciate any tips!!

Great Result.. Cant wait to finally Blast People off the road!!!
CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav Auto Ceramic
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

RobRoy594 wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:38 pm Just Fitted a Stebel Air Horn ... What a Difference. Finally a real Horn.
The only issue I had was getting the Connector off the old horn. I could not release it at all. In my attempts I finally pulled the wire off!!
Now will need to remove front Grill for better access. Don't think its too bad to do . Appreciate any tips!!

Why do you need to access the old horn.

If you have the live feed and connected to the Stebel can you not just leave it ???
Brum1955

Post by Brum1955 »

Don't know why you need to access old horn.

Taking the front off is not for the faint hearted, refer to Anchorman's post. Unfortunately you cannot just remove the radiator grill.
Just taken delivery of CX3 Sport Nav 2000 petrol manual in Eternal Blue Mica. This replaces my 21 year old Xedos Sport 2 litre V6.
Brum1955

Post by Brum1955 »

According to Sebel horn spec it takes 18amps, not enough to blow the 15amp fuse but don't know how any warranty claim would be viewed if something did go wrong. Increasing cable size won't help but must be at least 15amp rated.
Just taken delivery of CX3 Sport Nav 2000 petrol manual in Eternal Blue Mica. This replaces my 21 year old Xedos Sport 2 litre V6.
Turbo

Post by Turbo »

RobRoy594 wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:38 pm Just Fitted a Stebel Air Horn ... What a Difference. Finally a real Horn.

The grill won't come off as such, it is attached to the bumper, front valence and travels around to the wheel arches behind the black plastic trims, it's a huge part of the front of the car, like has just been said not a job for the faint-hearted.
Leave the horn in situ, I have and others.
Last edited by Turbo on Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
2019 CX-3, 2.0 Sport Nav+, Soul Red, Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Petrol, Manual.
Turbo

Post by Turbo »

This was previously posted on another forum, post 7 of 7 :shock:

https://www.cx3forum.com/forum/introduc ... ation.html
RobRoy594

Post by RobRoy594 »

Thanks Everyone.
Front Bumper is therefore something I will NOT undertake!! Just need to remove the busted tag still on the Horn. Long pliers I think.

RobRoy
CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav Auto Ceramic
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

RobRoy594 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:01 pm Thanks Everyone.
Front Bumper is therefore something I will NOT undertake!! Just need to remove the busted tag still on the Horn. Long pliers I think.

RobRoy
A very wise decision imho. I expect Mazda aren't the only company, but I don't understand why they have to make life so difficult when just a few small screws from the front would hold a removable grill in just as well. Progress eh :)
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016