horn

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

Back in stock at original link for those that missed out last time.

Brum1955

Post by Brum1955 »

I am considering adding a high tone horn to supplement the existing low tone Knighthorn fitted to my car. What make and model have other members fitted? Can't find any information on high tone horn by Knighthorn.
Just taken delivery of CX3 Sport Nav 2000 petrol manual in Eternal Blue Mica. This replaces my 21 year old Xedos Sport 2 litre V6.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Brum1955 wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:48 pm I am considering adding a high tone horn to supplement the existing low tone Knighthorn fitted to my car. What make and model have other members fitted? Can't find any information on high tone horn by Knighthorn.
In the thread I linked to earlier, anchorman photographed the extra Fiamm horn he fitted to the CX-3 he had at the time. Horn purchased from Amazon; I'm guessing this model:

Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

One thing that I do like about that Stebel horn mentioned earlier - and similar horns they sell - is that their website has an audible link for each so you can hear what they sound like. At least that way you've got a pretty good idea of the sound you are buying and what other roads users will hear when you give them a blast - in the appropriate circumstances of course :)
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
Turbo

Post by Turbo »

I have a pair of Fiamm horns in the garage, never fitted just connected to 12 volt to test, was intending fitting them to our Renault Kango but changed my mind and fitted a Stebel instead.
If anybody wants them they can have them at half new price + P&P
2019 CX-3, 2.0 Sport Nav+, Soul Red, Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Petrol, Manual.
Turbo

Post by Turbo »

Brum1955 wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:48 pm I am considering adding a high tone horn to supplement the existing low tone Knighthorn fitted to my car. What make and model have other members fitted? Can't find any information on high tone horn by Knighthorn.
Sent you a return PM
2019 CX-3, 2.0 Sport Nav+, Soul Red, Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Petrol, Manual.
Brum1955

Post by Brum1955 »

Don't know if you received my reply thanking you for information. Just ordered two Fiamm horns. Will hopefully get round to fitting them when weather improves. Scrabbling round in a cold garage at 80 is not recommended.
Thanks again for information.
John (Brum).
Just taken delivery of CX3 Sport Nav 2000 petrol manual in Eternal Blue Mica. This replaces my 21 year old Xedos Sport 2 litre V6.
Brum1955

Post by Brum1955 »

DSCN1080 (2).JPG

Just fitted two Fiamm AM80S horns. Bolted an L shaped bracket to the lower black chasis member on the RHS, using existing holes, with an M8 bolt. Secured the two horns, facing forwards, using the supplied brackets either side of the L bracket to increase clearance between them, again using an M8 bolt. Tilted existing horn by 45degrees to improve access and levered connection off this with a screwdriver inserted through the grill. Fished the cable through the large hole in top moulding above radiator. Fed two 1mm thin wall automotive cables along same route as existing wiring and crimped both into a 2mm connector which was then connected to the existing cable.This was pushed back under the moulding through the large hole. Each horn was wired separately for feed and earth. The earths were connected to one of the terminals located under the RHS mudwing. Very satisfied with result, now sounds like a proper car horn.

DSCN1081 (2).JPG

Deleted User 1027

Post by Deleted User 1027 »

Just fitted my Stebel horn and what a difference.
Loud but not OTT and a nice sound.
Best upgrade I have done so far on my CX3.
Deleted User 1096

Post by Deleted User 1096 »

Thanks for this - bought a similar horn from CV-19land for £16.00 works a treat - they now only pull out on one once..
Last edited by Deleted User 1096 on Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.