Upgrade Sport Nav Manual to Sport Nav + Auto

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

Strangways wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:52 pm
HouseSpider wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:42 pm Instead of using the paddles try just lifting your foot off the gas slightly. That seems to do the trick for me.
Hi HouseSpider, I did try that, but it took a while to react and the car slowed a little. I found by using the paddles the car maintained it's speed. It is very noticeable how the manual would tell me to change up at lower revs than the auto box actually does. To be honest I rather enjoy using the paddles and having some input. :D
At what revs does your auto change at and what revs are you now "forcing" the change?
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.

Strangways

Post by Strangways »

HouseSpider wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:45 am
Strangways wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:52 pm
HouseSpider wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:42 pm Instead of using the paddles try just lifting your foot off the gas slightly. That seems to do the trick for me.
Hi HouseSpider, I did try that, but it took a while to react and the car slowed a little. I found by using the paddles the car maintained it's speed. It is very noticeable how the manual would tell me to change up at lower revs than the auto box actually does. To be honest I rather enjoy using the paddles and having some input. :D
At what revs does your auto change at and what revs are you now "forcing" the change?
I didn't really notice the revs, I was just listening to the engine. It allows me to change into 5th at 30 mph, as long as I'm not going up a hill, and into 6th at 35 mph. I think it allows you to change into 4th at around 25 mph. Obviously it won't allow me to change up or down if it's not happy with my selection.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

I've been playing with the manual position over the last few days. As long as I'm not overly aggressive the dash indicates to change up when at about 1900 rpm. I can only presume this is when the auto box changes up. This is allowing for acceptable acceleration.
I test drove a manual petrol at the weekend and it definitely needed higher revs before changing up, between 2500 & 3000 rpm. I must admit some of that may be the increased torque I've got.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

HouseSpider wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:18 pm I've been playing with the manual position over the last few days. As long as I'm not overly aggressive the dash indicates to change up when at about 1900 rpm. I can only presume this is when the auto box changes up. This is allowing for acceptable acceleration.
I test drove a manual petrol at the weekend and it definitely needed higher revs before changing up, between 2500 & 3000 rpm. I must admit some of that may be the increased torque I've got.
I don't actually use the full manual option, I just use the paddles when it's in auto, that doesn't indicate when I should be changing up. It's a bit pot luck, if the revs aren't high enough it just stays in the lower gear.
Yes your chip obviously makes a difference.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

What I do miss is having an indicator telling me what gear I'm in whilst in Drive. The only way I can tell is either flick it into manual mode or use the paddles.