Upgrade Sport Nav Manual to Sport Nav + Auto

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Strangways.....having also changed my CX3 manual for a 2019 auto a couple of weeks ago, pretty much agree with your findings.
Forgot about the handbrake release/seatbelt whilst fiddling about on my drive, it also won't release manually without the belt on, thought it was broken till I sussed it. I do like the auto brake and auto hold though. Not a big fan of the shiny black B panels mark far to easily for my liking.
One thing do you notice the difference in sound between the manual and auto cars in first and second gear.
CX3 Sport Nav - Petrol - Auto - safety pack - snowflake white - 2019

Strangways

Post by Strangways »

Hi Dave, the manual did have a rather unpleasant growl as the revs built up. I wasn't sure whether the exhaust system has been changed on the new models or whether the soundproofing has muted it :D
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Hi strangways, think I prefer the growl, to me the new sound is less exhaust more of a transmission noise, difficult to describe of course.
Unless there is an issue with mine. Or the growl covered up the transmission. I am new to auto boxes not sure what is normal.
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

DaveG wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:41 pm Hi strangways, think I prefer the growl, to me the new sound is less exhaust more of a transmission noise, difficult to describe of course.
Unless there is an issue with mine. Or the growl covered up the transmission. I am new to auto boxes not sure what is normal.
I will turn down the Bose and have a listen on my way home :lol:
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

Strangways wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:51 pm
DaveG wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:41 pm Hi strangways, think I prefer the growl, to me the new sound is less exhaust more of a transmission noise, difficult to describe of course.
I will turn down the Bose and have a listen on my way home :lol:
Either I'm going deaf or you have a noisy transmission. I turned off the Bose and all I could hear was a muffled engine note. Maybe it is worth getting your dealer to check it.
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Thanks strangways probably the best plan, I do have a bit of a thing about noises, its probably is as you say.
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

DaveG wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:33 pm Thanks strangways probably the best plan, I do have a bit of a thing about noises, its probably is as you say.
You mean I'm deaf :lol:
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

No but if you are as obsessive about noises as me it would be a blessing if I was, because I wouldn't here them, because the hearing aids would come out before driving. :lol:
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

DaveG wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:30 pm No but if you are as obsessive about noises as me it would be a blessing if I was, because I wouldn't here them, because the hearing aids would come out before driving. :lol:
We are all different, some people hear noises that others don't. My boss can hear things that nobody else can. This doesn't mean that your transmission isn't noisy. Got to get it checked.
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Yes going along tomorrow the dealer has two automatics in stock, I will have a drive and check it out to see if mine is the same, rather than be told its OK.