Istop not working

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
TCVBLADE

Post by TCVBLADE »

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone else is having a problem with istop. Mines not been working for a few weeks now. When I go on infotainment/Apps/Fuel Monitor, it shows istop not ready. In the bottom right of the screen there are 3 icons, Engine (I think), Battery & Air Con, the Engine & Air Con icons have a blue glow round them. I know that if the air con/heater is on it can stop istop from working, but I turned the heat and air con off and still no joy.

Does the fact that the battery icon isn't highlighted in blue mean that the battery is the problem?

Any info would be much appreciated
CX-3, Sport Nav, 2.0l, Petrol, 66 plate.

HouseSpider

Post by HouseSpider »

What length of trips are you taking? What other electrical apparatus are you using, seat heaters, rear demister?
It would be interesting to determine the minimum distance/ time for each drive required to keep the battery in tiptop condition.
Sports Nav Auto Petrol 2017, 131bhp (chipped), Soul Red, Half Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Arm Rest, Auto Folding Mirror Kit, Detachable Tow Bar, HatchBag Boot Liner, Stebel Nautilus Compact horn. Space saver.
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

TCVBLADE wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:41 pm
...Does the fact that the battery icon isn't highlighted in blue mean that the battery is the problem?

Any info would be much appreciated
If you do a search for the term "i-stop" on these forums, you'll see it's a common issue. By design, if the battery is below about 80% charge, i-stop will not stop the engine. It's more prevalent in winter when the battery is less efficient and there is more demand on it. Don't worry, it should sort itself out.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
TCVBLADE

Post by TCVBLADE »

HouseSpider wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:12 pm What length of trips are you taking? What other electrical apparatus are you using, seat heaters, rear demister?
It would be interesting to determine the minimum distance/ time for each drive required to keep the battery in tiptop condition.
Mon-Fri 15 mins to work and 20 mins back home and Probs an hours drive on saturdays. Obviously recently with the cold weather I've had the heating etc on when required. Wondered what the 3 icons to the right of the istop not ready meant.

Cheers
Turbo

Post by Turbo »

Mine sometimes doesn't work but its always a legitimate reason it doesn't.
try turn everything off, heater, aircon etc and see what that does
2019 CX-3, 2.0 Sport Nav+, Soul Red, Stone Leather, Safety Pack, Petrol, Manual.
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

TCVBLADE wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:56 am
HouseSpider wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:12 pm What length of trips are you taking? What other electrical apparatus are you using, seat heaters, rear demister?
Mon-Fri 15 mins to work and 20 mins back home and Probs an hours drive on saturdays. Obviously recently with the cold weather I've had the heating etc on when required. Wondered what the 3 icons to the right of the istop not ready meant.

Cheers
According to the Owner's Manual [ :D ] a blue colour on an i-Stop function means that particular item is ready to function, whereas a grey colour means it isn't ready. The 3 icons are engine, battery and air-con in that order. See the extract page link below. NB: There are no awards for just one cherry like on very old slot machines!

Mazda CX-3 i-Stop icons.pdf
(967.63 KiB) Downloaded 2913 times
Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016
TCVBLADE

Post by TCVBLADE »

TCVBLADE wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:16 pm
st3v3cx-3 wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:04 pm
TCVBLADE wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:56 am

Cheers
According to the Owner's Manual [ :D ] a blue colour on an i-Stop function means that particular item is ready to function, whereas a grey colour means it isn't ready. The 3 icons are engine, battery and air-con in that order. See the extract page link below. NB: There are no awards for just one cherry like on very old slot machines!

Mazda CX-3 i-Stop icons.pdf
Ha the slot machines. I looked in the printed manual I've got for istop and it didn't have that much info on the subject. I'll try and give the car a good run at the weekend and see if I can get the battery icon lit up.

Thanks
Dogfuzz

Post by Dogfuzz »

iStop is a temperamental friend and doesn't like it if the fan is on, it's a cold day, the car is not up to temperature and -yes-if the battery is overworking and undercharged. It might not come on either if you are idling, operating the handbrake or have your clutch depressed(manual gears) .

Istop enjoys a warm sunny dry day at best.

But don't worry-I am absolutely sure there isn't a fault. My advice would be don't fiddle.
CX-3 SPORT NAV ,5 DOOR HATCHBACK,1998CC,PETROL-2018