Washing the CX-3... Behind it's ears.

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

Having given the CX3 it's first 'proper' wash and polish of the year, my wife (who was vacuuming the interior) said "Aren't you going to wash here??".... A bit confused I looked at where she was pointing and she was referring to the inside of the plastic trim on the rear doors that follows the arc of the wheelarch! I always wash the rubber seals on the wheelarches themselves but hadn't checked the doors - Because the door trim goes over the rubber seal of the wheelarch and completely encloses it they were encrusted with crud thrown up from the wheels! - only noticeable with the door open!

Just a heads up when you come to give your car a clean as it looks to me a rust trap of the future.
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...

EAT801

Post by EAT801 »

Yes, I saw that too when I was washing it yesterday.
MXS

Post by MXS »

Not the best of designs TBH!
2018 CX-3 Sat Nav +
Extras include scuff plates, aluminium pedal kit, boot liner and mud flaps
AndyRen
Location: Down a bit, down a bit more, right a bit, down a bit.... Right there - Kent

Post by AndyRen »

And I would imagine too much of a buildup may cause a bad seal along the rubber perhaps?
16 plate 2L Petrol, 120bhp Soul Red Sport Nav...
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

It's been a design feature since the CX-3 was launched. It's not caused any issues on mine (yet) to be fair.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
steve67

Post by steve67 »

mine will be gone by the time anything breaks through.....
One of those annoying cyclist, who happens to also drive a CX3 SPORT NAV IN ETERNAL BLUE on the odd occasion ... The CX3 has been a pleasure to drive but it's time to move on. ...NOW DRIVING A MAZDA CX30 GT SPORT-JAN 2020
Dogfuzz

Post by Dogfuzz »

Yes--but there is plastic trim on the inside on both front doors which picks up grunge bit time too?
However-it needs to be said that overall--the CX3 is an easy car to hand wash with a couple of buckets of water( if you don't have a hose)......sponge off the roof, bonnet and windows with fresh clean water-then leather off. With the remaining water-use a soft brush and do the lower doors, the front and the rear--ending with the wheels . Easily done with 2 buckets. If you want to do a tip top job-add a small mini squirt of liquid soap for the wheels and tyres
An SUV vehicle body is slightly raised from the ground in comparison to a normal saloon-thus there is less mud residue all along the front passenger and driver's sides.
If I am feeling lazy--I take mine to the local handwash who charge £7 for a straight wash and leather off, another £4 for a vac out and another £10 for a polish. I took my own bottle of Autogleem and they didn't mind at all use that for my polishing.
Job done!
CX-3 SPORT NAV ,5 DOOR HATCHBACK,1998CC,PETROL-2018
st3v3cx-3

Post by st3v3cx-3 »

It looks like the various Range Rovers use a similar style of rear door edge being part of the wheel arch. So Mazda might have copied them :)

Range Rover Evoque.jpg

Sport Nav Petrol Automatic FWD Arctic White plus options April 2016