CX3 daytime running lights

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
fourbanks

Post by fourbanks »

Hi
I wonder if one of you here can tell me how my daytime running lights work as I have the sports black model and supposed to have halogen and not led running lights. my dealer thinks the Mazda website showing the halogen daytime running light is a misprint and my car 2019 registration doesn't have any at all
many thanks in advance
Lexus 250h UX premium sport edition

jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Your Daytime Running Lights (DRLs) will always be illuminated if the ignition is on and the headlights are off, unless the vehicle is stationary with the handbrake applied, or (for automatic transmission) the gear lever is in the Park position.

Since February 2011, manufacturers must fit DRLs to new passenger cars and car derived vans type approved to European vehicle requirements.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
fourbanks

Post by fourbanks »

Thanks very much. As the car is automatic I cant get to see if they were working. my neighbour says they are so all is good
many thanks once again
BWJ

Post by BWJ »

fourbanks wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:28 pm Thanks very much. As the car is automatic I cant get to see if they were working. my neighbour says they are so all is good
many thanks once again
You can always put it on, even when stationary. ;)
CX3 2.0, Aut. Nav. Optimum SRC. dec. 2019.
zoylander

Post by zoylander »

It beggars belief that most DRL's only operate at the front, when rear end shunts account for so many accidents.
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.
fourbanks

Post by fourbanks »

I've just been speaking with Mazda customer service at head office and told them that putting a halogen DRL on a new 2019 car is penny pinching. we got into a big argument and I've made the case that the new Mazda 3 when released in may will have a LED running light. so at least that car comes complete. as for the headlamp in LED I'm not sure at this time
jtonline

Post by jtonline »

zoylander wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:02 am It beggars belief that most DRL's only operate at the front, when rear end shunts account for so many accidents.
There were people driving in the fog this morning, with just their DRL's on. Not thick enough fog for fog lights but should have been using headlights. I expect they were blissfully unaware that with just DRL's they had no lights on at the rear.
Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
santa

Post by santa »

zoylander wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:02 am It beggars belief that most DRL's only operate at the front, when rear end shunts account for so many accidents.
Totally agree and this is why I had my dealer enable this when I bought my CX-3.
They installed a relay of some sort, so my rear lights are always on with DRL's.
Mazda CX-30 2.0 150HP Aut. Cosmo w. Tech Pack in Arctic White, 2023.
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

It makes you wonder how we managed before we had DRLs. :D
I do accept they are useful to have on the front. It is always helpful to let poor sighted people know you are coming and the lights help make it clear. As far as the rear lights are concerned I'm not really interested, it's not really relevant. If it's getting dark, foggy or snowing I turn my lights on because that's what I was taught to do. We shouldn't be so reliant on the car, we should be using our own senses and judgement and if they are inadequate we shouldn't be driving.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
zoylander

Post by zoylander »

Strangways wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:25 pm It makes you wonder how we managed before we had DRLs. :D
I do accept they are useful to have on the front. It is always helpful to let poor sighted people know you are coming and the lights help make it clear. As far as the rear lights are concerned I'm not really interested, it's not really relevant. If it's getting dark, foggy or snowing I turn my lights on because that's what I was taught to do. We shouldn't be so reliant on the car, we should be using our own senses and judgement and if they are inadequate we shouldn't be driving.
Perhaps if we had rear DRL's, drivers would no longer feel the need to keep their brake lights on whilst stationary in the interests of self preservation. I have had just two accidents in over 50 years driving, and on each occasion my car was hit from behind whilst stationary :x , so I want to be as visible as possible.
CX-3 SE 2.0L 2WD Auto. 43.5mpg.