CX3 daytime running lights

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

zoylander wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:52 pm
Strangways wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:25 pm It makes you wonder how we managed before we had DRLs. :D
I do accept they are useful to have on the front. It is always helpful to let poor sighted people know you are coming and the lights help make it clear. As far as the rear lights are concerned I'm not really interested, it's not really relevant. If it's getting dark, foggy or snowing I turn my lights on because that's what I was taught to do. We shouldn't be so reliant on the car, we should be using our own senses and judgement and if they are inadequate we shouldn't be driving.
Perhaps if we had rear DRL's, drivers would no longer feel the need to keep their brake lights on whilst stationary in the interests of self preservation. I have had just two accidents in over 50 years driving, and on each occasion my car was hit from behind whilst stationary :x , so I want to be as visible as possible.
What can I say! If it was dark then you need to turn your lights on. If it wasn't dark then I doubt whether they would have noticed if your lights were on or off. I have had one accident in the last 50 years and I wasn't even in the car when it happened.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED

fourbanks

Post by fourbanks »

Strangways wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:25 pm It makes you wonder how we managed before we had DRLs. :D
I do accept they are useful to have on the front. It is always helpful to let poor sighted people know you are coming and the lights help make it clear. As far as the rear lights are concerned I'm not really interested, it's not really relevant. If it's getting dark, foggy or snowing I turn my lights on because that's what I was taught to do. We shouldn't be so reliant on the car, we should be using our own senses and judgement and if they are inadequate we shouldn't be driving.
Perhaps if we had rear DRL's, drivers would no longer feel the need to keep their brake lights on whilst stationary in the interests of self preservation. I have had just two accidents in over 50 years driving, and on each occasion my car was hit from behind whilst stationary :x , so I want to be as visible as possible.
same here with just 2 accident's. it should be standard but never getting to speak with the executive team who in reality wouldn't have a clue what you were talking about 'things are never likely to change
Lexus 250h UX premium sport edition
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

Then I would suggest you keep your brake lights on or switch on your hazard warning lights. You appear to be an accident magnet 😀
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED