CX3 Torsion-Beam Rear Suspension or multilink

All Mazda CX-3 related discussions
fourbanks

Post by fourbanks »

I have asked my Mazda dealer what type of suspension my new auto sports black (special edition ] has got but like most things he didn't know and I guess giving me a £4000 discount on my new pre registered car I forgot to get the answer. I find these multi car franchises today very off-putting as the staff in general are very hit and miss on what they know and much prefer the small owner/business.
Thanks in advance :)
Lexus 250h UX premium sport edition

jtonline

Post by jtonline »

Julian.
Sept. 2015 CX-3 Sport Nav, Dynamic Blue Mica, 1.5 Diesel, AWD, Automatic
http://www.jtonline.info
Please add year of registration, model info., and location to your CX-3 Forums profile ~ See here for help: http://bit.ly/2fQzMfd
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

The MacPherson strut front and torsion beam rear suspension is a great improvement in the ride, but I did prefer the steering calibration on the earlier models.
2019 CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav+ Automatic in ETERNAL BLUE
2015 MX-5 2.0 Sport Nav Manual in SOUL RED
santa

Post by santa »

I thought the AWD had multilink and the FWD had torsion beam.
Mazda CX-30 2.0 150HP Aut. Cosmo w. Tech Pack in Arctic White, 2023.
fourbanks

Post by fourbanks »

The new Toyota corolla has a DOUBLE WISHBONE suspension so Mazda will need to keep an eye on this car as it is very good and drives superbly well for a manual. I was going to purchase the new corella but the auto version part hybrid has a CVT and that's going to be a big problem down the line so I've gone with the cx3.
as for ride quality the DOUBLE WISHBONE is better I feel then the torsion beam. the cars I've driven in the past with torsion beam have been dreadfull 'so am very surprised that this car has it :shock:
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

Have you actually driven the latest CX-3?
fourbanks

Post by fourbanks »

Strangways wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:10 pm Have you actually driven the latest CX-3?
yes I have just purchased the new sports black special edition auto
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

fourbanks wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:12 pm
Strangways wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:10 pm Have you actually driven the latest CX-3?
So what is it that you don't like?
Is it the firm ride? It handles beautifully so it can't be that.
fourbanks

Post by fourbanks »

Strangways wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:19 pm
I haven't said I didn't like it' I was just surprised to find out it had torsion beam which is only used on cheap cars to save costs. my cx3 drives very well and am very pleased with it but the corolla is a little better with the bumps in the roads with the double wishbone
that's all I was implying. my car for value is excellent and the equivalent spec for the corolla is £30'000 some £7000 pounds difference and as I only paid £19'000 I have done very well I think.
however if you wont a Manual in the basic form of the corolla 1.2 turbo at £21'000 then the Mazda might struggle at the same price point
Strangways

Post by Strangways »

fourbanks wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:44 pm
Strangways wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:19 pm

I haven't said I didn't like it' I was just surprised to find out it had torsion beam which is only used on cheap cars to save costs. my cx3 drives very well and am very pleased with it but the corolla is a little better with the bumps in the roads with the double wishbone
that's all I was implying. my car for value is excellent and the equivalent spec for the corolla is £30'000 some £7000 pounds difference and as I only paid £19'000 I have done very well I think.
however if you wont a Manual in the basic form of the corolla 1.2 turbo at £21'000 then the Mazda might struggle at the same price point
Hi fourbanks, As I understand it the Corolla is only going to be a Hybrid, so you can't really compare with the CX-3. I do accept that Double Wishbone is generally used on more expensive cars, but torsion beam is a cheaper method used by most manufacturers, not just cheap cars as you stated. I think a lot depends on the car and its usage as to whether it is the right choice. I'm glad you are enjoying your CX-3.